AstroSpy, where is the frequency adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
Using AstroSpy in release 1483 I see Integration, Min, Max, Gain and Syle but no means to adjust the actual center frequency.

EDIT: nevermind I got AstroSpy and SpectrumSpy confused.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Using AstroSpy in release 1483 I see Integration, Min, Max, Gain and Syle but no means to adjust the actual center frequency.

EDIT: nevermind I got AstroSpy and SpectrumSpy confused.

Sounds like you are more than confused. Astrospy? Do you mean Airspy ?

m

Flatliner

This is one hell of a confused thread.

Finally, I have a sense of belonging. :D

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
So, just discovered this on my laptop.

I have both Airspy models, but can't seem to find a reason for the AstroSpy software, other than it can help SETI in the search for Alien life. Is there a manual or text file on how and what to do to make this useful ?

Thanks in advance

Flatliner

So, just discovered this on my laptop.

I have both Airspy models, but can't seem to find a reason for the AstroSpy software, other than it can help SETI in the search for Alien life. Is there a manual or text file on how and what to do to make this useful ?

Thanks in advance

It's useful in radio astronomy, for looking at at a specific frequency in L-band, over time. If you want to work out how fast a nebulae is moving away from us but it's behind a dust cloud, then its hydrogen line emissions are a good place to look. Astrospy simply shows these hydrogen emissions. Point an antenna at the Milky Way for a while and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.