• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ATF is moving ahead with getting rid of the CLEO signoff on NFA Firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it appears the ATF is moving forward with getting rid of the CLEO signoff for NFA firearms.

Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.
View Rule

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
They've been talking about removing the CLEO sign-off requirement for a while. People have been using trusts and other ways to bypass the CLEO for a long time. To me, it looks like they are making it harder to get NFA items using a trust or corp by now requiring fingerprints/photos of named "responsible persons." I guess they are trying to move people away from trusts/corps in the hopes that they will just register it as an individual. Being in NC, I had to get my CLEO to sign even if I had a trust, so I went the individual route when I bought my M10. I'm thinking about SBRing everything else in the safe just so I don't have to deal with any stupid new AWB that may appear out of thin air...

Status
Not open for further replies.