Athens Co. FTO frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Anyone know the Fire/EMS Tone Out frequencies for Athens Co./City. They are one of the only counties not listed in the FTO database.

Thanks!

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
I have since found the Athens City Fire tone is a short 704Hz followed by 3 seconds of 666hz. EMS Station 51 (Athens City) is 1 second 387Hz followed by 3 seconds 424Hz. If your using 2 tone detect with these, i found it detects best by setting first tone length to .25 seconds and second tone to 2 seconds. I see you live in Nelsonville, I don't have there tones written down, but i can try to get them next time they tone out.

evfd1625

Just a random bit of information, the Athens county EMS paging frequency is the same and has the same PL tone as our repeater input here in Eastern Indiana, we get to hear your EMS pages over our repeater at night and in the mornings. It's a pretty powerful transmitter.

firecatohio

My fire tower is the same as a department in Kentucky... when they work, we hear ut lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Nelsonville just toned out.

A-B tone is 1183 and 806. Got the second tone for York, the B tone is 806, A tone got cut off, ill have to wait for another tone from them. FYI Nelsonville fire responding to Watkins St. for a structure fire.

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
Thanks for all that you do! I'm not sure if your familiar with Twitter, but I run the @OUScanner Twitter and website here in Athens, live tweeting news from the scanner. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Wiki updated

All,

Having spent four years (most of which I remember) at Ohio University back in the days of low band, I have more than a passing interest in Athens County, so I'm glad to see some folks taking an interest in sniffing out information on the county.

I've posted your information to the Wiki, but there are definitely some gaps to fill in.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Athens_County_(OH)

If anyone can provide updates on station numbers, as well as unit number information for the county sheriff and police departments, I'll be glad to add that to the Wiki.

One suggestion on the paging tones. . . try the following frequencies, you may get better results. I've generally found that tones located by frequency counter programs or devices tend to be several hertz off frequency due to a variety of factors. The ones listed below are the closest actual Motorola Quik-Call II paging frequencies:

387 - try 389.0
424 - try 422.1
666 - try 669.9
740 - try 746.8
806 - try 810.2
903 - try 903.2
1183 - try 1185.2

Last edited:

firecatohio

Thanks for the info there... im on nelsonville fire and been trying to get the county on a map.. its a great county and has 2 major schools in it. Just trying to get isnt so easy!

firecatohio

Ok kr0490.. nelsonville had a run... ya hear the super squirrel on the truck? Thats. Meee lol

firecatohio

And wa8pyr, ill help ya.. start with..
York township-1500
Nelsonville-2000
Nelsonville ems station 54

adacats

Scanner and Train Nerd
wa8pyr, How do i go about getting access to being a database admin? I can try to get a lot of information on locations of stations, tones, and frequency changes, I would really like to be able to quickly update it.
>>Nevermind, i figured it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.