• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Attempting to do a first programming on a g5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro658

Communications Dispatcher
I have the G5 uhf d-700
I am attempting to download my radio plan and this message pops up” The protocol of the device is unspecified. “ . I don’t understand why or how to address it. Any help thank you

troymail

Silent Key
I have the G5 uhf d-700
I am attempting to download my radio plan and this message pops up” The protocol of the device is unspecified. “ . I don’t understand why or how to address it. Any help thank you

Make sure you are using the PPS that matches/is associated with your firmware. Each firmware release comes with it's own PPS version.

Then, make sure you have selected the correct model from the pull-down list in the PPS. In most cases, the models at the top of the list of the ones you want.

Note: if you selected the wrong model for your profile, you should be able to create a new one and convert what you have to the "new model".

EDIT: I just pulled the battery from my G5 for "other reasons"... There is a model number listed inside the battery compartment... I believe the model number is on the box your radio shipped in also.

Pyro658

So when I unboxed it someone else was here and took the card off that says “go to this website and download the pps” �� anywaysLools like I’ll be good to go here. Thanks for helping !

Pyro658

yes i am programed. now i can't figure out why it is not opening the audio unless i push to listen. I have unchecked push to listen in each zone

LEH

Premium Subscriber
yes i am programed. now i can't figure out why it is not opening the audio unless i push to listen. I have unchecked push to listen in each zone

Double check your settings in the PPS, also check each zone and knob selection. I've had the 'push to listen' problem a couple of times after doing changes to my programming. I am not sure if the problem is 100% self inflicted, a 50/50 between the PPS and me, or if the PPS just like arbitrarily changing some settings.

What I think happened is I was using my mouse wheel to scroll down to the page in the knob settings tab. When the arrow got over one of the 'drop down' windows, the scroll changed the setting and then moved on.

As far as I can find, the 'push to listen' is knob position (channel) unique. So check another channel for activity and sound.

Pyro658

So this worked. I was searching for that post because I had seen it so thank you. Now I can’t get any of my digital trunk stems to scan. Not one. I live in a rich area of systems so being out of range is total BS.

System ID WACN were backwards! Ugh this little thing is the most complex yet simple thing I have ever programmed!

LEH

Premium Subscriber
System ID WACN were backwards! Ugh this little thing is the most complex yet simple thing I have ever programmed!

I have a couple of systems in my area that will work one day and not the next. For them I've used the wildcards for System ID and WACN (all "F's"). This seems to work as when the control channel is received the ID and WACN displayed are correct.

As Troymail and others have said, the RR DB information is not always correct. :(

Pyro658

For my next question....

Every time anyone keys up to talk on the Monmouth county system, it makes a tone alert cutting the audio out. Any idea what is going on here?

Pyro658

You have that TG for tone alert, instead of none.

Sent using Tapatalk

I just found this setting, it was in fact on default. Switched back to none. To everyone helping and replaying to me making bone headed mistakes, thank you. I haven’t had this many problems programming a radio/pager in a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.