Atwater california?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
As of last weekend, they were still analog as well, and I did copy the Atwater PD talkgroup in use. This was on a Pro-2055, programmed with Win97 using the web-import tool from our Rad Ref DB.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Cook's is a commercial dealer in Fresno. The do most of the public safety, and some private commercial radio systems. They don't sell scanners.

And the Merced County system does not have P25, dispatch, tactical or otherwise.

Last edited:

redlinegts85

Alright, just purchased the BCD-396XT ($465, ouch!) and I get it tomorrow so I really hope it's VERY simple to get Atwater PD on there as I am new to radios and have no idea how to work one really.

kma371

QRT
Alright, just purchased the BCD-396XT ($465, ouch!) and I get it tomorrow so I really hope it's VERY simple to get Atwater PD on there as I am new to radios and have no idea how to work one really.

Download freescan today. When you get the radio, PM me and I will send you my file for Atwater.

Is the radio brand new or used? Hopefully it comes with cables.

kma371

QRT
Ok does your computer have a DB9 port? If it doesn't you will need a USB to DB9 adapter

redlinegts85

No! I was hoping I didn't have to purchase anything else. Hopefully I can find this in store.

Not really sure if my computer has a db9 port. it's a Gateway DX4860

kma371

QRT
No! I was hoping I didn't have to purchase anything else. Hopefully I can find this in store.

Not really sure if my computer has a db9 port. it's a Gateway DX4860

If its an older computer, it may. A store like best buy should have the cord. Or even Walmart.

Worst case scenario, I'm probably 40 mins from you or can walk you through programming over phone.

Last edited:

redlinegts85

Got my scanner, and I'm lost lol. I have no idea where to start.

I would like to get Atwater PD on there (most important one I want) and also Merced PD. I believe with merced, all you have to do is enter the frequency (I remember hearing Merced on my friends basic $100 scanner), but I'm not even sure how to do that right now.

I have to head to work, but I'm going to pick up the cable thing tomorrow and hopefully get atwater PD up and running on my scanner.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Merced City PD uses two VHF frequencies (old school). Merced County Sheriff is on the trunked system along with Atwater. You should be able to program the system and get both no problem.

redlinegts85

I'm really having trouble figuring this out. I set it to merced PD frequency and only hear it for a couple seconds before it starts to skip around to around frequencies even though I don't touch anything.

I just want Merced PD and Atwater PD on there with nothing else. Hopefully I can figure it out.

redlinegts85

Yes I did, thanks. I have to head to work again so I don't have time to deal with it. I purchased the cable you were telling me about and I downloaded that program. Would you be able to send me the Atwater PD settings so I can just transfer it to my scanner? Or how does that work?

Also, I would like only Atwater PD in that motorola system. Not Merced S/O or anything else. Thanks.

redlinegts85

I also see that merced has two frequencies for dispatch. How would I program it automatically switch to whatever one they are talking about? Meaning, not have to manually switch back and forth, if that's possible.

kma371

QRT
I also see that merced has two frequencies for dispatch. How would I program it automatically switch to whatever one they are talking about? Meaning, not have to manually switch back and forth, if that's possible.

Ones police, ones fire.

You scan both if you want to hear when one or the other talks.

redlinegts85

Also...about that cable, I'm not even sure if I got the right one.

It's a USB to db9 cable, but I didn't have a db9 port in the first place on my computer, so I still don't understand how I would connect this.

it seems that I am just too stupid for this kind of stuff as I have never messed with radios in my life before.

kma371

QRT
Also...about that cable, I'm not even sure if I got the right one.

It's a USB to db9 cable, but I didn't have a db9 port in the first place on my computer, so I still don't understand how I would connect this.

it seems that I am just too stupid for this kind of stuff as I have never messed with radios in my life before.

OK, can you PM me your phone number or get mine like ive said before? it takes 5 minutes if you have the time. It's a ton easier than typing the instructions in a new post every 5 mins. not trying to be rude but, im trying to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.