Audio 3 server going down and up

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
No, no problems on our end. I have a number of feeds on audio3 and they haven't experienced a single hickup.

In checking the log on your feed it appears that it's been going up an down quite a bit. Things to check

1) Internet connection going up and down?
2) Are you running anti-virus on your computer? If so, it is a widely known problem that anti-virus software scans/processes impact feed availability.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
No, no problems on our end. I have a number of feeds on audio3 and they haven't experienced a single hickup.

In checking the log on your feed it appears that it's been going up an down quite a bit. Things to check

1) Internet connection going up and down?
2) Are you running anti-virus on your computer? If so, it is a widely known problem that anti-virus software scans/processes impact feed availability.

Yes i'm running an Anti-virus that provided by my Internet provider Charter Communcation witch is F-sercue

no my internet is not going up and down as i'm able access webpages when i get those notices .

i just switch scan program from scancast to radiofeed see if that help

Last edited:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I've been noticing the same thing. these are all from Proscan.
08/18/16 02:43:56 - Broadcastify Timed out
08/20/16 19:47:01 - Broadcastify Timed out
08/20/16 21:29:13 - Broadcastify Timed out
08/21/16 19:09:35 - Broadcastify Timed out
08/22/16 00:49:38 - Broadcastify Timed out
08/23/16 02:23:40 - Broadcastify Timed out

Now I run multiple streams to different icecast servers and they all stay online while Broadcastify goes out. Running form both Proscan and RadioFeed. I also use the API and graph my listeners and you can see the drop off. Even one 3 hours before this posting.

Capture.png

Last edited:

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Might try running PingPlotter to help identify where the problem is located on the path to the Broadcastify servers. I found it to be invaluable when troubleshooting my Internet connection several months ago. :cool:

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I run 5 streams, 1 to Broadcastify, 4 to private icecast servers *same BF uses* and only the connection to Audio3 goes out. I also have dedicated VPN tunnels setup to my workplace while stay online and a pretty decent network and systems monitoring software which shows no network drop offs. I feel I am pretty safe in saying there is issues with Audio3.

I could setup a dedicated Ping sensor to ping the server every 5 seconds from multiple different sources and networks and even try to connect to it but I don't think Lindsay wants me filling up his firewall and icecast syslogs with ICMP and connection attempts.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I run about 20 different feeds from about 4 different locations spread across the United States - from Montana, to Texas, to Virginia, spread between each of the master servers, 1, 3 and 9, and I've never experienced these drop outs for any of my feeds. I'm about to bring a new master server online in a different data center so we'll see if that helps some folks in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n0nhp

From the plot, it looks like you are having problems as I did in the last mile. In otherwords between you and the cable company head end.
I ran ping plotter on the trip between me and the DNS server address at the cable company. If you get red bars there, call the repair folks and keep calling until your ticket gets elevated to someone who knows what they are doing. Mine ended up with a replacement drop from the pole and some level matching in the house. Once that was done everything seems to have been corrected.
Good luck,
Don't give up

Bruce

SaukScanR

Feed Provider
Among other times, my feed has disconnected at exactly 5pm central on each of the last 3 days. Using RadioFeed.

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Among other times, my feed has disconnected at exactly 5pm central on each of the last 3 days. Using RadioFeed.

You might want to open a support request and have your feed moved to a new server i had my feed moved off of audio 3 and they moved it to audio 1 server and i haven't had any issue with my since.

Status
Not open for further replies.