Status
Not open for further replies.

gman4661

Looking for freqs for the following:

Gold Cross
Priority
South Star
Capital City

Using an older analog scanner so I know I will be out of luck with digital, trunking, etc.

Thanks!

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
If anyone knows even digital/DMR please share. The BCD 436 does a good job with the one DMR frequency I have found. The only analog frequencies I have heard anything on are:
Airmed 154.2125 (mix of analog and digital)
Airmed 154.0025 DCS 051 (mix of analog and digital)
H.E.A.R. 155.3400 (I believe, working off memory)

None are trunked...if you do a google search for Gold Cross Frequencies in Augusta on Google, you will get a list of freq's that are registered...it's a long list. If you can put them in a bank and scan for a while you may figure out some more. If you do please share. I haven't had time program into scanner.
Thanks

gman4661

I think Gold Cross is VHF digital, but they seem to have a UHF system as well.

Lots of activity on HEAR. Really busy during the day.

Hoping for info on the other EMS companies...

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that is accurate, unless they are unpublished talk groups? I have heard them on the frequencies above and Richmond Counties EMS talk group is actually Fire to EMS comms and it sounds patched.

Ryangn

My bad - I was talking about GoldCross and AirMed that use Pal800 in Richmond County. I forgot you were looking for more and should have been more specific. I know they also use vhf and/or uhf as well but off the top of my head I can't think of the freqs - I don't usually listen to EMS. I believe GoldCross and Airmed both are listed in the database here. You can also search the FCC website for licenses.

SCPD

QRT
Capital City uses Verizon PTT cellular with a HEAR radio in their ambulances. Gold Cross use to use PAL 800 regularly but Richmond County decided not to fund the monthly access fee a few years ago, only Gold Cross supervisors have PAL 800 radios.
Gold Cross has been using a VHF MotoTrbo system in Richmond and Columbia Counties for a few years. South Star use ti use cell phones for their dispatching and I'm not sure what radio system Priority Care uses.

The Richmond County EMS talk group is used for Fire Department to Richmond County 911 center. Gold Cross dispatch monitors the talk group and can pass info to field units from the 911 center. When an EMS request comes in to the 911 center it gets re-directed to Gold Cross EMS and dispatched to FD if needed as well.

gman4661

Good information. Thanks D.

I had some dealings with a South Star crew the other day. He was using a Moto mobile; not sure of the band.

Gold Cross used the HEAR freq very often. I rarely hear the other companies.

I'm thinking that the Gold Cross UHF freqs may be used for transmitting EKG info to the hospitals...

c4181

Feed Provider
154.2125, TG 1, is Gold Cross Richmond County Dispatch. It's DMR/Mototrbo.

There is also a TG for Gold Cross to Jefferson ER that pops up every once in a while but I haven't ever caught the TGID.

Status
Not open for further replies.