Austin / BCD396T Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenMan51

BCD396T Question

UPMan said:
Jon's advice is only relavent for EDACS and LTR systems on Uniden's older scanners. It doesn't mean a thing for the 396. The scanner will stop on the first control channel it can receive and will not check for a control channel on any other frequency (unless reception of the first one goes away). When the scanner is on the system and you are hearing no traffic, if you press HOLD, the scanner should stay on the current control channel and open squelch. You should hear the "motoroboat" noise of the control channel. If you don't then you are not receiving any control channel at all. You need to improve your antenna or position.

From this, I assume that, if I plug in the control freqs for all the STARNet sites, I can treat this as a cell system - when I get too far from the first-listed site to receive it well (above the squelch setting), it will lose that freq and jump to the next. Is that right?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Correct. However, if the original CC is receivable at all, even if there is a stronger nearby CC receivable the scanner will not move on to it. To ensure that all CC's are checked, you'd need to enter each site as its own system (or upgrade to the BCD996T that allows multiple sites to be entered for a single system).

RenMan51

UPMan said:
Correct. However, if the original CC is receivable at all, even if there is a stronger nearby CC receivable the scanner will not move on to it. To ensure that all CC's are checked, you'd need to enter each site as its own system (or upgrade to the BCD996T that allows multiple sites to be entered for a single system).

Okay, thanks. I'll probably set it up like that in one bank, then set up separate banks for flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.