Available Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurty

Hello:

I live in the Maybrook NY (12543 area code) and am interested in purchasing a handheld
police scanner. My interest in the item is to listen to police and fire calls when I see the flashing lights going past my home. I've never owned one and really do not know much about them. If there is anyone out there that can recommend a specific scanner that would work in my area, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Moved to NY forum.

Don't post such things in the announcement/news forum again and do not hijack another thread.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
kurty said:
Hello:

I live in the Maybrook NY (12543 area code) and am interested in purchasing a handheld
police scanner. My interest in the item is to listen to police and fire calls when I see the flashing lights going past my home. I've never owned one and really do not know much about them. If there is anyone out there that can recommend a specific scanner that would work in my area, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Go to radioshack or on ebay if you think you can sort through all of the stuff there.
Radio Shack would be your best bet first, just look for a wideband scanner there, maybe $40+. look on the radioshack website also to read about what they have. that should suit you.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Over in Maybrook, you can listen to the NYCOMCO EDACS trunking system. A Radio Shack Pro 97 would fit the bill for you just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.