Aviation Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDBoraBora

ALL I want to do is enter about 10 aviation frequencies into my Uniden RCT15X. I don't care about Trunking, whatever that is. All I want to do is to be able to scan local aviation frequencies. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial? I have read the manual and it might as well be written in Chinese.

I have entered a system, and thought I had added the frequencies but I can't get them to scan.

Thanks

JD

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
ALL I want to do is enter about 10 aviation frequencies into my Uniden RCT15X. I don't care about Trunking, whatever that is. All I want to do is to be able to scan local aviation frequencies. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial? I have read the manual and it might as well be written in Chinese.

I have entered a system, and thought I had added the frequencies but I can't get them to scan.

Thanks

JD

A system indicates a Trunked System.

You just want to enter individual conventional frequencies.
Try this for an easier tutorial on entering frequencies:

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

JK :)

wtp

scan

i hope that you hit scan,so something like this
program system
new system
conventional
confirn, yes
edit name (if you want)
edit group
new group
edit channel
new channel
input frequency
after you put one in just repeat till you are done and hit scan

i might be a little off, but this should get things going
what could be happening is that there are other systems unlocked and that is ok
you could program different airports and label them and then scan any or all
but try this and we wil expand from there
good luck

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A system indicates a Trunked System.

To clarify: a system in the DMA world works 2 ways - as the top level of groups of conventional frequencies, or in a trunking environment, the collection point for all the sites for a given trunked system. All trunking on the XT scanners is done at the site level.

I agree with the other posters about reading the Easier to Read manual - but in addition to that we have a wiki article which has a great many other links you would find useful, including our DMA FAQ, USB information and more

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

You are brave to try to program this radio manually - most folks will get the USB-serial cable, get the freeware FreeScan program (the link is in the article above) and either download data from our database (when you purchase a subscription), use EZ-Grab (a little routine in FreeScan that's quite powerful, and it's defined in the user guide) or ask someone in your state's forum for a file.

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.