Avoiding 'Nothing to Scan'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraldus

Several days ago I learned that 'Service Type' must be enabled for those entries with Service Type defined or they will not be scanned. This morning I learned that a location must be programmed for each entry if 'Location' is turned on. I didn't have the luxury of owning a 436 or 536 prior to buying my SDS100 and SDS200, so I didn't get to learn all the programming gotchas. And yes, it all makes sense. ;-)

I really do love these radios though. The SDS200 has out performed my MOTO XTS2500 on occasion! The SDS100 runs circles around my WS1040 and PSR300.

Thank you Uniden for these fine products.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I firmly believe that programming flaws and misunderstanding is a big part of the negativity concerning the SDS scanners. Too much scanner for some folks. These radios have to be 'learned' as they have certain protocols and details that have to be addressed. Otherwise, people will tend to get very frustrated to the point of returning the radios and denouncing the SDS scanners as garbage. Once one becomes adept at programming and gets to know the scanner and it's quirks, they will agree that there is no better scanner on the market today that decodes P25 digital simulcast systems. For some, the SDS scanners fall short in the vhf/uhf bands, but firmware updates are resolving this and it is now known that there are a lot of variables concerning vhf/uhf coverage, i.e., location location location, range, antenna type, filter settings, programming details, etc.

Once you have mastered the SDS scanner and dialed it into your individual preferences, you will see that this is one badazz radio.

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.