AWIN Discussion

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
OK. Yeah, I've got a couple of 996XT's that I could use easily. I'll download it and check into it as soon as I get a chance.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Just remember you should ONLY run it on one site at a time, and shut the decode down between switching sites so you do not run the risk of corrupting the data. The stronger your signal the better the decode. (Like when I was in Hot Springs, I could pick up 4 AWIN sites pretty good, and 2 more okay,.. and 2 others kinda/sorta... The 4 main ones I had fleshed out in like... five or six hours... The 2 okay sites took me about 4 hours each to nail completely.. The other 2... Lets just say it was frustrating lol.

Be sure on the FEED radio to have the C-CH Output to ON!

Set your FEED radio on hold on a site on the CC in use. Then once you have a good log of the site, then shut off the decode, flip to another site and hold, and start decode again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

OKAY.. the original Mountian Home site is apparently gone and now the Hickman Knob site takes its place.... I am guessin that Marshal is covered by https://www.radioreference.com/apps/...llsign=WNJI751 Though there is no 852.2375 on that lic....

But it is on... https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQBZ950
And then thre is also... https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WNJI750

SO another 3 lic site... Which would make the Marshall freqs...

And...

and....

So another site that we ned a Unitrunker run on.

Looks like when the split was done a few years ago, we did not get the full system updated properly, and now with the new sites coming online, and about to add TDMA.. We really ned to get this all updated.

INDY72

And remember guys.. There is a Zone 4 online out there now, so be on the lookout for any sites that register as 4XX on Unitrunker and Pro96Com.

Scanningar

As soon as I can get a mobile setup going to use my SDR on the road I'll start scouting out the Central Arkansas sites and updates.

jhsands

Feed Provider
Zone Controller 4 is for National Interoperability Channels (7/800) and will go into radio template zone 7 & 8 for the new interoperability template (ABIT).

Fire will get their channels like EMS and LAW. A-EMS, B-EMS, etc.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

INDY72

Wrong on this point guys. A ZONE CONTROLLER IS FOR A SET OF SITES... NOT a zone of tg/conventional chans in a RADIO. This template is for subscriber radios. So guys, the ZONE 4 your talking about and the ZONE 4 for the WHOLE SYTSEM is completely different. A zone in a radio has actually nada to do with a new zone on the AWIN that has sites with RF Zone 4. AWIN Zone 4 is dealing with expansion and new sites. As in Site 4 01 etc...

jhsands

Feed Provider
Not always. A zone controller can be used for ISSI or secondary controller for sites... backup if zone x controller fails.

LWIN and AWIN can be linked through the zone 4 controller for a patch type effect.

This is beyond my knowledge but I am told that a repeater within reach of the on-site controller can be reprogrammed on the fly to meet a national interoperability channel. The channel has to be withing the same frequency set (can't use 700 channels on 800 site).

I guess it is all speculation for now, but I separated out "radio template zone" to have a better understanding of what I was stating.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I was merely saying that AWIN had posted/published yesterday that the new template was effective immediately and linked to what they linked to.

Last edited:

Scanningar

Under Craighead County (16) Public Safety Talkgroups" there are 8 listings for Police Law Talk groups with "Proprietary" listed next to them. I do not live in or near that county, but what is that refering to? Seems to only be in this counties listing for these departments.

ad5kl

Does anyone have any new info on the Garland County/Hot Springs upgrade to AWIN? Last I heard, West Mountain will be the hub with 2 new sites at Pearcy & near Buckville. With the current Blowout Mountain site, there will be a total of four AWIN sites in Garland County.

INDY72

Does anyone have any new info on the Garland County/Hot Springs upgrade to AWIN? Last I heard, West Mountain will be the hub with 2 new sites at Pearcy & near Buckville. With the current Blowout Mountain site, there will be a total of four AWIN sites in Garland County.

Nope. The three new towers are only one site as it is an simulcast site. If the new Hot Springs simulcast is also an AWIN site, that will make it officially 3 sites in Garland County.

WRBL469 Garland County Simulcast
WQBY542 Mountain Pine 800 (Blowout Mtn.)
WRBL721 Hot Springs Simulcast

The main radio site for pretty much the whole county is West Mountain as its is the site of the Antenna Farm for the radio stations, TV stations, Federal site, etc... Originally AWIN was going to put a site there back when it was still just the Motorola 800 MHZ ASP system. But space issues and political games caused that to be nixed so the Blowout site was done. But over the many years since then the situation has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

splinter34

Has anyone heard anything out of site 128-Hartford in a while? I keep checking it because it is close to me, but it has been silent for months it seems like.

I just read the post and i checked the Hartford site for traffic. I am hearing FSPD and will listen a little longer for others. I am in Crawford County with no problems at this time.
KR

splinter34

I just read the post and i checked the Hartford site for traffic. I am hearing FSPD and will listen a little longer for others. I am in Crawford County with no problems at this time.
KR
851.4000 ? It is perfectly silent on my unitrunker. I wonder what the deal is? Let me know what freq you are using for control please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

i may be in over my head by trying to answer your original question, I just set my 536 on the Hartford site only to see if i could hear anything and heard FSPD, SCSO, etc. I have a DPD Yagi up at 50ft pointed that way on the 536. so when you asked the second question I went outside with my SDS100 and used the detailed screen and this is what i saw. I heard the same agencies and the freq. it was stopping on was 858.9625 and the site said 41. I do see the 851.400 as it scans thru the freqs. however. I just use the database for my radios, no fav lists or custom programming so i am not sure what site 41 is but i have it stopped on the Hartford site. Hope this helps, feel free to educate me if you discover anything.
kr

splinter34

Yeah that is what is was wondering about..... Site 41 is Waldron. I get that loud and clear. Waldron also has FSPD. SCSO etc. on it. I dont believe it has FS fire though. On the Hartford site I can get my rssi upto about 40 but can't produce a site window. Which is strange because Hartford is much closer to me than Waldron is.