AWIN Discussion

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Of course, this doesn't really affect scanner users at all but I thought some here might like to know this regardless...

Attachments

• awin.jpg
    awin.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 48

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AWIN ALERT - 04-18-2019

SITE ISSUES – Reduced comm. capabilities

STATEWIDE - ALL SITES

April 18, 2019 09:30

The statewide system is currently experiencing reduced communications
capabilities at this time. Motorola Technicians are troubleshooting the
issue. Please be prepared to use backup communications.

Affected Area: Statewide

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AWIN ALERT - 04-18-2019

SITE ISSUES – Reduced comm. capabilities

STATEWIDE - ALL SITES

April 18, 2019 09:30

The statewide system is currently experiencing reduced communications
capabilities at this time. Motorola Technicians are troubleshooting the
issue. Please be prepared to use backup communications.

Affected Area: Statewide

At around 10:45 it seems the issues have been resolved and should be back up to normal.

ad5kl

I heard a new talk group 18478 on the Garland County Simulcast sites today. Sorting by TG, I notice the TG's end at 18475 (Lonsdale FD in Garland County) in the RR DB, then resume at 18601 (Sheriff Talk) in Sebastian County. Anybody know what it is?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
What did it sound like? Fire? Or PD? Because there are 3 more FD's and PD's left to transition. Mountain Pine, Hot Springs Village, and Diamond Head. As well as Garland County Detention, Roads etc... Once they all come on, that will leave just LifeNet EMS pure VHF. So unless LifeNet comes on Garland County must maintain at least the Countywide OEM repeater for interop with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magnetsteve

What did it sound like? Fire? Or PD? Because there are 3 more FD's and PD's left to transition. Mountain Pine, Hot Springs Village, and Diamond Head. As well as Garland County Detention, Roads etc... Once they all come on, that will leave just LifeNet EMS pure VHF. So unless LifeNet comes on Garland County must maintain at least the Countywide OEM repeater for interop with them.

Mountain Pine FD is already full time AWIN. All the FD's still have their VHF systems in place and will keep them running unless there is a failure with the VHF equipment. They may/can use this to interop with LifeNet. Not sure, but roads and landfill should be full time already too.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
AWIN is making the physical move today to new offices at ADEM (Arkansas Department of Emergency Management) as AWIN will now be under ADEM. And appropriate move considering the purpose of AWIN.

INDY72

Yes, the original 800 TRS was set up by ASP and they allowed some interop with other agencies but very little in the beginning. As they grew the system, State saw how it could be beneficial for all State Agencies to have a common platform for communications, and began trickling users on. Then they saw that adding other users also added funds. And the expansions grew a bit. Then after Katrina, and Rita, and other things in other areas of the nation, State saw that they already had a great baseline set up for a proper Statewide digital TRS that would be adaptable to future needs rather easily, compared to say MS, and TN that were going to have to build out an network from scratch. So they upgraded the existing Motorola SmartZone to full ASTRO-25, and began adding sites in as fast as they could, and though ASP technically was still the Daddy, the AWIN project was much more involved than just ASP and so on. About the same time Louisiana also saw that they could build off much of their existing infrastructure and began the LATIE which became the LWIN, and Mississippi had its awakening and thus the MSWIN... Followed very shortly by Texas upgrading their system to the P25 TXWARN, and Tennessee growing the first steps of the now Statewide TACN...

ad5kl

Mark is correct. It doesn't show a related county, so I'm not sure what it is. The Mobile Command Post is already listed, so it's not that. Site 62 only has 3 frequencies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Okay, I guess I am not familiar with what you are referring to as the site list.

Database > Arkansas > AWIN

First thing you will see is the long list of all of the sites.

And this one labeled "Site 62"

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 17

INDY72

Site 1 - 62, Location still unknown at this point. Showed up in the submitter's Pro06Com or Unitrunker run but full data was not acquired. So far only 3 freqs, no Site NAC, or location yet. Also no data in FCC DB that I can find on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: