AWIN Discussion

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I think I heard the control channel when I was searching for sites on Sunday. I don't recall getting an email about it being down.

Same - I haven't seen any alert about it being down or having issues.

@mshadwick - could it be that your programming got changed somehow and it has the wrong frequencies now?

mshadwick

SharkMadwick
Same - I haven't seen any alert about it being down or having issues.

@mshadwick - could it be that your programming got changed somehow and it has the wrong frequencies now?
It is not a programming issue. I am able to put other towers in and works fine. Just not working on 856.1875. I need to take a look at the antenna and feed line.
Thank ya'll!!!!

slobonmycob

Know-Nothingism
Newbie here, can someone with more experience tell me if/ when the p25 phase ii transition is going to happen? Is it worth buying a phase ii scanner at the moment?
Also, I was glancing over the Talk-Group ID's for the AWIN systems and wanted to mention that quite a few are inaccurate/ missing, how can I contribute?
with love, slobbonmycob

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Newbie here, can someone with more experience tell me if/ when the p25 phase ii transition is going to happen? Is it worth buying a phase ii scanner at the moment?
Also, I was glancing over the Talk-Group ID's for the AWIN systems and wanted to mention that quite a few are inaccurate/ missing, how can I contribute?
with love, slobbonmycob

Transition is in progress note but it will still be a little while before it is phase ii. However if I was buying a scanner I'd for sure to phase ii capable now.

As for updates, you hit submit at the top of the database page which needs the updates. Be sure you only submit verified information. Care has been taken to get it accurate. What are you seeing that's wrong...? You can tell us here but do use the submit feature to submit it.

zenomorf

Last year, AWIN added five new sites to the system. They maybe on 700 MHz, and licensed under the statewide license at this time. If anyone can shed some light on the frequencies in use at these sites, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Benton (Saline County)
  • Harrisburg (Poinsett County)
  • Preston Ferry (Arkansas County)
  • Russelville (Pope County), still under construction.
  • Star City (Lincoln County)

73's

Ron
g0 to radio refercnce click on AWIN , click on star city and hairsburg both sites are 700. hairsburg is up and running. star city is not being used, control channel only is transmiting

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
g0 to radio refercnce click on AWIN , click on star city and hairsburg both sites are 700. hairsburg is up and running. star city is not being used, control channel only is transmiting
Dude... There are also the Garland Simulcast and a couple others we found also. Not to mention Tbolt knows very well how the DB works as he is one of the original admins for us.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
He wanted confirmation of what was in use and check the dates of posts when you're going to reply. That post is most likely very old.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
then why doesnt he know about hairsburg and star city?

The post was from August of 2012...people get in trouble for dragging up old posts like that. Always check the date.

Sometimes the other best thing to do before posting is look at someone's post count (click their avatar and see the number by messages). Thunderbolt has over 6,800 while you have something like 57. That's fine, but it tells you that Thunderbolt knows his way around here. Take a moment to understand the question first before responding. He was clearly looking for more info from users in that area that might have something not yet in the db...and it was 7 years ago...

Chalk it up to a lesson learned. No biggie.

zenomorf

The post was from August of 2012...people get in trouble for dragging up old posts like that. Always check the date.

Sometimes the other best thing to do before posting is look at someone's post count (click their avatar and see the number by messages). Thunderbolt has over 6,800 while you have something like 57. That's fine, but it tells you that Thunderbolt knows his way around here. Take a moment to understand the question first before responding. He was clearly looking for more info from users in that area that might have something not yet in the db...and it was 7 years ago...

Chalk it up to a lesson learned. No biggie.
i live very close to star city so i can keep RR updated also i drive thrue hairsburg a lot so i can update RR on that tower too.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
While looking up some 700 MHz AWIN licenses on the FCC ULS page I found the following PDFs for FCC ID WPTZ801.

Dunno if anyone has seen this before, figured I'd post for comments.

I did notice the new site for Troop D in West Memphis in Crittenden Co.

Also:
Site 025 (19) Casscoe is referred to as Preston Ferry
Site 026 (1A) Garland County Simulcast is referred to as Blowout Mtn, but not as a simulcast - I assume that is just one of the three locations in FCC ID WRBL469

Attachments

• 061119_ 700 MHz General Info.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 061119_ 700 MHz System Users.pdf
    214.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 061119_ 700 MHz SITE LIST.pdf
    121.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 061119_Mobile 700 MHz Coverage.pdf
    994.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

ad5kl

Premium Subscriber
Is the new site for West Memphis on the air yet, or just being constructed? The Shell Lake site is usually hot with activity any time I go through West Memphis & it has a strong signal. I'll be curious to see if the new site will have similar coverage. It should improve portable comms around the 55 and 40 junction.

And Blowout Mountain is the original primary site in Garland County for AWIN. Now it is one of the 3 locations for the Garland County Simulcast. Other 2 being Blue Mountain in Jessieville & Pearcy Mountain in Pearcy. All 3 now have the same frequencies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I work in Memphis and drive thru there every day - pass within 200 yard of the tower (it's at the county jail next to I-55) and never take my scanner with me.

I'm gunna try to remember to take it next week and listen in.

wbswetnam

Today while I was running OP25 on my Linux computer, the talk group 21423 popped up on the Russellville tower. I didn't hear any audio because I don't have it on my monitor list. Talk group 21421 is Bryant Fire tac 1... so could 21423 be another talk group for Bryant Fire?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Very possibly. Like fg/tac 2 or 3 depending on how they set up the TG spacing pattern. Some agencies use 1,2,3
..some use 1,3,5...or 2,4,6...