AWIN Site 005 (LR Metro Simulcast) is now up on Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogtowndrums

Feed Provider
Node 645: Arkansas Wireless Information Network (AWIN) Site: Little Rock Metro Simulcast (Pulaski County)

I'm testing SDRTrunk software, mainly because I've been using SDR+ to stream my feeds (MEMS, LRFD, NLRFD), and it became too difficult to maintain. SDRTrunk supports streaming to BCFY Calls, so I figured I'd try it out. It seems to be working okay so far. SDRTrunk's sound quality on my regular feeds is much improved over the old setup that I was using. As long as it works well and my RTL-SDR dongles don't melt, I'll keep it up. The three regular feeds that I've been streaming for a while now are my priority, though.

Rig specifics:
  • a computer that I picked up from Goodwill (Lenovo w/ Intel i5-4460S processor running @ 2.90 GHz with 4 gigs of RAM and a Realtek gigabit NIC)
  • OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • Scanning software is sdrtrunk v0.5.0-alpha6
  • SDRs are three RTL2832/R820T dongles (from Amazon) fed by one Maxrad MFB-8133 antenna (that was left at the old Storer Building in downtown LR by Concast when they moved)
  • This is all running on an AT&T gigabit fiber connection. The server connects straight to the router, where it is DMZ'd
  • The stream runs live from my ham shack / jam room (basically just a ratty old shed) in the Park Hill neighborhood of NLR
Like I said, I'm going to see how well this runs. Right now with the three conventional streams and BCFY calls running on it, we're sitting at between 40 and 60% CPU utilization and 72% memory utilization. Network utilization usually sits around 48 Kbps, and hasn't gone above 100 Kbps, but I haven't seen it up and running during the middle of the day when every sanitation worker, dog catcher, and bus driver in the county are ragchewing simultaneously. I could probably add more memory, but as of right now, I only have around $150 invested in this whole operation from start to finish, and I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible. I also don't want to put much more time and effort into this project than I absolutely have to. I'm not all that busy. I'm just kind of lazy, and had rather spend that time and energy drinking coldbeer and making up nonsensical songs about my dogs that they only pretend to like and understand because I give them food on a regular basis.

Anyway, I hope it works for a while. Happy scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.