AZ-CA linked repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD7JVRinAZ

Premium Subscriber
In May I am travelling from Mesa, AZ (Phx) to Anaheim, CA. I would like to maintain continuous contact with my father in Mesa who has a pretty powerful base in Mesa. I've been researching Win System and CalZona. I'm monitoring Win System but I haven't used it bcuz I don't if there's a required fee. I will say this, Win System is awesome, there was a you man on it Friday from Great Britain. If anybody can tell me about these two systems it would be appreciated.

wd9ewk

In May I am travelling from Mesa, AZ (Phx) to Anaheim, CA. I would like to maintain continuous contact with my father in Mesa who has a pretty powerful base in Mesa. I've been researching Win System and CalZona. I'm monitoring Win System but I haven't used it bcuz I don't if there's a required fee. I will say this, Win System is awesome, there was a you man on it Friday from Great Britain. If anybody can tell me about these two systems it would be appreciated.

If you are able to use the WIN System, that may be the better option. The CalZona system covers from metro Phoenix out to San Diego, with a focus on travelers between those areas (think Interstate 8 in California and southwestern Arizona, along with highway 85 between Buckeye and Gila Bend west of metro Phoenix). There is coverage from the CalZona system along Interstate 10 west of Phoenix, and some west of Blythe and possibly near Indio, but certainly not in the Anaheim area.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.