B52 overflying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wotsup

Have always enjoyed talking with the crews on airshow days at Avalon and marvelling at the aircraft itself. I remember one flying low over us when making a pass at an airshow in the country at Mangalore many, many years ago. What a sound and massive shadow it cast :) Thought it sounded like a lot of jet engins (before we saw it) and IT WAS!! Fantastic effort and always much appreciated to see them and the rest of the US display teams and equipment here regularly. A radio catch of any of these aircrafts this far south is definately a treat here.

KB4MSZ

Billy
Premium Subscriber
As a kid I lived directly off the north end of the MacDill Air Force Base runway. Every spring the base has an airshow and this flying city would go over our house. It shook everything for a 5 mile radius. I haven't heard it in years, I guess they don't send one down here for the show anymore. I don't miss it and I sure don't miss the F4 Phantom training school that was based here for so long. Now when I'm at my parents house for dinner we can talk across the dinner table to each other without shouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.