Back Scanning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhit007

Just bought a BC246T. Been out of touch with scanning world for several years. Lot of stuff come along since the PRO-94. Have a few questions to throw out there:
1. NC VIPER- map shows a tower in SW area of I40/I95. Not listed on rr.com, but found a tower in Erwin on FCC.gov. Not hearing anything (no data channel). Is this tower active?

2. I'm mostly interested in Harnett and Johnston Co. (ProVoice sucks!!) and Wake SO, local and SHP. Any suggestions or mem. files.

Thanks,
Brian

N8IAA

bwhit007 said:
Just bought a BC246T. Been out of touch with scanning world for several years. Lot of stuff come along since the PRO-94. Have a few questions to throw out there:
1. NC VIPER- map shows a tower in SW area of I40/I95. Not listed on rr.com, but found a tower in Erwin on FCC.gov. Not hearing anything (no data channel). Is this tower active?

2. I'm mostly interested in Harnett and Johnston Co. (ProVoice sucks!!) and Wake SO, local and SHP. Any suggestions or mem. files.

Thanks,
Brian
Harnett has a tower listed here in radioreference. Johnston has two towers, again listed on radioreference. Go to the database and click on SC. Click on the Viper system. It is in the first list of frequencies about midway down.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.