Bad BCD396xt or bad user Victoria BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapitjack

Premium Subscriber
I'm picking up this programming pretty well(My 1st digital scanner). I'm scanning a trunked system (CREST Victoria BC CANADA) and the analog is just fine. But of the P25 is being a bear.

When there's a P25 hit the display shows the ID####, as well as the P25/LNK symbals and frequency. There's just no audio to go with it. I can even watch my scanner pic up the P25 and then hear it on a 10 second delay stream over the internet on ScanBC.com.

I tried to join the local scanning forum that covers this system but the account I created has not been authenticated by the moderator yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I forgot to mention, I'm programming the unit manually as I have no programming software compatible with my MacBook.

Here's the details of the system.

Type: Motorola Type ll SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

Sysid Table =
Sysid: 9215
CT: Various

Custom Frequency Table =
Base: 139.63500
Spacing: 15
Offset: 380

Last edited:

VE6E0

I would double check your frequency table. Sounds when the channel grant is issued, the scanner is going to the wrong frequency.

As for the software, guess you may have to do what most other Mac users do, is run a virtual machine.

Good luck.

snapitjack

Premium Subscriber
I would double check your frequency table. Sounds when the channel grant is issued, the scanner is going to the wrong frequency.

As for the software, guess you may have to do what most other Mac users do, is run a virtual machine.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've double checked the frequencies from different sources and made sure they were entered correctly. I think I may be over analyzing it and that the scanner is just defective. Sometimes the simplest answers are correct ones.

As for the software... I was thinking the same thing. :)

Thanks again. If anything else comes to mind throw it my way!

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you have that system programmed as a "Motorola Type II" system and not "P25".

It is not a P25 system it is an analog system using digital voice.

When the transmission is encrypted the LNK/DATA display symbol should show ENC.

Also radio systems are not encrypted, the radios are. Some talkgroups, such as, 16912 Saanich Police, are set up for it.

Some or all radios may have operator selectable encryption abilities. I have read where a lot of RCMP are using encryption.

snapitjack

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have that system programmed as a "Motorola Type II" system and not "P25".

It is not a P25 system it is an analog system using digital voice.

When the transmission is encrypted the LNK/DATA display symbol should show ENC.

Also radio systems are not encrypted, the radios are. Some talkgroups, such as, 16912 Saanich Police, are set up for it.

Some or all radios may have operator selectable encryption abilities. I have read where a lot of RCMP are using encryption.

Thanks for the excellent feedback. Alas, I have a faulty P25 decoder and it's back to the factory for this puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.