Bad Buying Experience with WebsterCoFire

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4ANJ

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I think I am out of $360 for the 536. I can't get K0WXP to respond to me. He may have turned his loss over to law enforcement and have been told to stay quiet. I have a good bit of info from one of the good feedback listers. Thank Goodness! Seems he using 2 names and anything you supposedly buy is still on his RR ad....Mike

Nasby

If you paid with Paypal you will have no problem getting your money back.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What are the 2 user names?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes. I think I am out of $360 for the 536. I can't get K0WXP to respond to me. He may have turned his loss over to law enforcement and have been told to stay quiet. I have a good bit of info from one of the good feedback listers. Thank Goodness! Seems he using 2 names and anything you supposedly buy is still on his RR ad....Mike

I'm confused. Is your problem with WebsterCoFire or K0WXP or both?

N4ANJ

Premium Subscriber
No problems with K0WXP. He was ripped off also! Clear his name! I aimed for this initial post to be listed under his negative feedback in "WebsterCoFire" actual classified ads which are still listed on RR, instead it is here. The two names are not "user names" but the name I sent the money to and who actually got the money from WalMart. Please PM me direct as law enforcement has asked me to stay quiet. Thanks, Mike

Nasby

I can confirm - I sent WebsterCoFire money via PayPal on May 17th, never shipped the item and is dodging my calls and emails now.

File a claim with Paypal. As long as you sent the money for goods or services and not friends and family you will be covered.

In this day and age, Paypal is really the only safe way to do business online.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Also, as a sidenote - don't ever let anyone talk you into sending the PayPal payment as 'friends and family' sent money, as they might ask to help them alleviate the sales percentage fees. That is your ONLY protection, paying for goods and/or services, and the only way your PayPal guarantee is validated for the Buyer Protection Plan.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Thanks tailgator911 for the tip, years ago I bought a used CB from a guy wanting me to use the friends and family option. Luckily I did not get rooked, he came through honestly with the sale, but in the future I will shy away from taking that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.