Balcones Heights Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kem554991

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Balcones Heights PD/FD are both fully transitioned to SA/BC's EDACS ProVoice and cannot be monitored. There was some talk of using the old VHF repeaters for a VHF simulcast but that seems to have fallen through as the dispatchers were having trouble with that.

kem554991

Premium Subscriber
I will try to submit to the database when I get home this evening. They used the DHS grant to get enough mobiles and handhelds to equip everything with extras. I do know that they already had to send one of the mobile cabinets back to Harris. Mobiles are Harris dual bands and portables are 800MHz only.

NC5267

Most of the new Harris Portables are dual band surprised they went with 800 only ones. I know county awhile back upgraded there portables to the XG-75 and a few P7300 radios and all the users of the LCRA P25 system Live Oak, Converse etc... all use dual band 7300's

kem554991

Premium Subscriber
I'll have a look next time I see one and let you know exactly which portable model they bought. They are supposedly 800MHz only and I was told it was a budget issue, although they may have gone to the dual bands at the last minute. They are programmed for almost everything on SA/BC and they also have access to LCRA P25.

NC5267

Thanks for the great info...I know users that have talkgroups on the SA/BC System have access to SAPD and BCSO and even SA Fire. And the LCRA P25 channels they have are the ones listed in the database under interop and they are the SA 1 thru 5 and Bexar Law...Live Oak, Schertz etc..have used them to talk with SAPD Eagle and to coordinate with SO when needed.

kem554991

Premium Subscriber
No problem! As you can deduce from my post history I'm related to the BHPD officer that handles their radios and vehicles. If you ever have any questions about Balcones Heights, I'm your guy. I did submit a ticket to get the database modified. Also, not sure about the other suburbs on SA/BC but Balcones Heights also has all of the County Fire Talkgroups in the radios as well as BCEMS and BCAIR.

kem554991

Premium Subscriber
Update

Just looked and the portables are XG-75 dual band radios, but I'm still not sure which model the mobiles are. As I said I have submitted a ticket to have the database updated and the ticket was closed, but as far as I can tell there hasn't been any change in the database.

NC5267

Good radios, Bexar County is using those now and I think those are what most of the other users on the system are upgradeding with.

Status
Not open for further replies.