Bald North

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch40n1k

After putting up a new antenna today, I can log Bald north. Is this site used much for Ft. Collins or is Horsetooth the best bet for picking up Ft. Collins PD etc.?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Stick with Horsetooth for Ft. Collins Coverage. FCPD, PFA and CSU are not consistent on the Bald Mtn site. I know as this is the only site I pick up at the daytime job in Boulder.

Phil.

ch40n1k

scanlist said:
Stick with Horsetooth for Ft. Collins Coverage. FCPD, PFA and CSU are not consistent on the Bald Mtn site. I know as this is the only site I pick up at the daytime job in Boulder.

Phil.

Thanks Phil. I was noticing that was the case as I appear to be able to monitor the Horsetooth CC as well. Significant improvement considering I'm shadowed by Green Mountain and the hogback.

P.S. I'm more than familiar with your radiohacker site ... but are you the same Phil that checks in on the Monitoring net on Sunday nights?

scanlist

The radiohacker site is actually Mark's (DWE).

Yeah that's me on the monitoring net on Sunday's.

Phil.

FiremanSparky

ch40n1k said:
Thanks Phil. I was noticing that was the case as I appear to be able to monitor the Horsetooth CC as well. Significant improvement considering I'm shadowed by Green Mountain and the hogback.

P.S. I'm more than familiar with your radiohacker site ... but are you the same Phil that checks in on the Monitoring net on Sunday nights?

If you don't mind my asking, what radiohacker site?

ch40n1k

www.radiohacker.com

In the early days of DTRS, the owner of this site posted all kinds of DTRS info and even a Win96 .p96 file ... which isn't valid any longer. I think there was a lot of pre DTRS frequency info as well.

I'm not sure what happened, but the site isn't maintained any longer ... (correct me if I'm wrong)

scanlist

ch40n1k said:
In the early days of DTRS, the owner of this site posted all kinds of DTRS info and even a Win96 .p96 file ... which isn't valid any longer. I think there was a lot of pre DTRS frequency info as well.
Actually the information was my doing back then. It was a fun challenge for myself before the digital scanners came out.

Now when THIS website was trunkedradio.net it sure seemed interesting that the same info, including errors, somehow ended up here. :p

I'm not sure what happened, but the site isn't maintained any longer ... (correct me if I'm wrong)
The RH site owner has a daytime job that takes a lot of his time along with my getting out of publishing the scanlist after 20 years has unfortunately had an impact on the site.

Since the digital scanners I supported with programming files are considered outdated I quit creating those files as well.

Phil.

ch40n1k

scanlist said:
Actually the information was my doing back then. It was a fun challenge for myself before the digital scanners came out.

Now when THIS website was trunkedradio.net it sure seemed interesting that the same info, including errors, somehow ended up here. :p

The RH site owner has a daytime job that takes a lot of his time along with my getting out of publishing the scanlist after 20 years has unfortunately had an impact on the site.

Since the digital scanners I supported with programming files are considered outdated I quit creating those files as well.

Phil.
Well, either way, your information helped me along quite a bit. I was just getting back into scanning after many years when I came across the scanlists and the RH site 5 or so years ago.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Your site is where I got my info. first 5 or so years ago too! :D

I was a member here at trunkedradio.net before it changed as well. However, I changed my user name too. I was doing research on the net as to why my scanner didn't here police anymore. Found all kinds of info. Joined a Yahoo CO. group (Lindsay was a part of....long story :lol:) and then found this site.

Yeah, Bald doesn't get all of the coms up north. Sometimes Loveland PD TAC-2 is on Bald and others its only on Horsetooth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.