Baltimore City Fire VHF simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the City's VHF simulcast for BCFD Dispatch has been quiet for about a month now. I was curious if anyone has any info on this.

Fire Main as well as the Fire Ground VHF simulcasts are still operational.

Many thanks

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the City's VHF simulcast for BCFD Dispatch has been quiet for about a month now. I was curious if anyone has any info on this.

Fire Main as well as the Fire Ground VHF simulcasts are still operational.

Many thanks

It seems to break frequently. A few months ago it was down for several months.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
They don't really use it for anything, it's just on to hold the license. if it drops for a while, it drops for a while.

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
154.415 and 154.385 have been quiet the past 4-5 days. I have heard comms on 154.145 but not fireground. .

K3JTP

Premium Subscriber
At present (Jan. 6), 154.415 not simulcasting. However, 154.385 and 154.145 are in service. Presently (1/6 at 4:00) monitoring a 2nd alarm plus extras in NW Baltimore on 385.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Today it is active. 2 months ago, they moved into PD communications and that's when this happened. On 385, the only way you would hear communications side is if they flip a switch, some of the more knowledgeable dispatchers will do this. I'm thinking the same thing for 415 now.

The_B_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had a chance to get on here and comment but I also noticed that the VHF Dispatch is back up.

As far as it not being used for anything, that's not 100% true. Many of the old firehouses have scanners tuned for the VHF channels throughout the building as it's easier than running speakers from the base unit or carrying a portable around. I'm sure that it's not policy but it is reality.

Also, as of a few years ago you could still find VHF XTS3000 and Astro Sabers at some firehouses labeled as "Subway Radios".

I'm glad it's back up tho. It's a lot easier to keep the VHF radio on Dispatch and let the 800 radio scan the fire grounds or/and KGA.

Stay warm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.