Baltimore City Talkgroups--New Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
While in Baltimore yesterday, found the Downtown Partnership's Public Safety Guides on 4112. This talkgroup was previously listed in the database as TES (Traffic Enforcement Section?). I updated the database. Talkgroup 4080 might also be used by the Downtown Partnership--maybe by the people who collect trash and such. Can anyone confirm this talkgroup, or any others for DP?

Finding the DP on the Baltimore TRS makes me wonder if there are other quais-governmental agencies lurking on the system. From the looks of the database, there are a lot of talkgroups that need a little more specific identification.

Dave

mlevin

Yes, some of those govenrment/DWP TGs need more specific details. That talkgroup for TES popped up a few months ago. I also assumed it meant traffic enforcement section, but I have not heard any radio traffic that would convince me that is what it's used for. Very confusing. Fortunately, we have the important things like FD/PD/EMS figured out for the most part.

PS: What are the Downtown Partnership PS guides? Never heard of them.

dtscho

Database Admin
The Downtown Partnership Public Safety Guides are the people who patrol downtown, helping people with directions and keeping a general watch over things. They kind of supplement the police. The website tells a lot about them and what they do:

http://www.godowntownbaltimore.com/index.cfm

By the way, can someone keep an ear on talkgroup 4080, and let us know what kind of traffic is on that one? Thanks.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.