Baltimore city VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I had the old city VHF freqs in my Icom radio, and hadn't really been paying attention to them much. I got caught in a traffic jam coming home from Woodlawn where I work, so I flipped them on just for kicks. It would seem that the .415 freq is now fire/ems dispatch (there was a dispatch for a fire at Friendship Academy while I was listening...), and .145 is a patch from another talkgroup (it has a whine on the audio...). It would appear that 154.31 and .385 are out of service, perhaps permanently. I haven't heard anything on those in a while.

I don't know how long this has been going on - maybe since the new system came online? Any thoughts? I'm too far away to monitor this anymore...best regards...Mike

ocguard

I had the old city VHF freqs in my Icom radio, and hadn't really been paying attention to them much. I got caught in a traffic jam coming home from Woodlawn where I work, so I flipped them on just for kicks. It would seem that the .415 freq is now fire/ems dispatch (there was a dispatch for a fire at Friendship Academy while I was listening...), and .145 is a patch from another talkgroup (it has a whine on the audio...). It would appear that 154.31 and .385 are out of service, perhaps permanently. I haven't heard anything on those in a while.

I don't know how long this has been going on - maybe since the new system came online? Any thoughts? I'm too far away to monitor this anymore...best regards...Mike

154.415 is and always was the simulcast of A2 DISPATCH. It was also the dispatch channel in the VHF days. It has been intermittently weak of late, but will always be maintained because it's our back-up dispatch medium.

154.145 is the simulcast of A1 MAIN and you typically only hear the field units' side of calls because it's patched but most dispatchers don't multi-select. In the VHF days, it was the medic channel.

145.310 is still active as our back-up VHF repeater but doesn't carry any 800mhz traffic under normal conditions.

The simulcasts of the fireground talk groups have been discontinued since the transition to the 9600bps system earlier this year.

W4JLR

154.415 is and always was the simulcast of A2 DISPATCH. It was also the dispatch channel in the VHF days. It has been intermittently weak of late, but will always be maintained because it's our back-up dispatch medium.

154.145 is the simulcast of A1 MAIN and you typically only hear the field units' side of calls because it's patched but most dispatchers don't multi-select. In the VHF days, it was the medic channel.

145.310 is still active as our back-up VHF repeater but doesn't carry any 800mhz traffic under normal conditions.

The simulcasts of the fireground talk groups have been discontinued since the transition to the 9600bps system earlier this year.

Could be a typo but 145.310 is a ham freq.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks Matt - I'll take a look at the database and submit a change record if one's needed...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.