Band Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnstino

Is there a link to the DSDplus site and latest version to hopefully fix the Ohio County Simulcast problem?
Also I have a question as to why I can monitor the MARCS system when there are NO band plans listed for their sites in my region. I am confused by this whole problem.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Is there a link to the DSDplus site and latest version to hopefully fix the Ohio County Simulcast problem?

DSDPlus – Digital Decoder

Unless you're a FastLane subscriber, the version on the web page is the newest available. Either way, you would need a radio capable of handling simulcast to get decent decodes (or an SDR dongle).

Also I have a question as to why I can monitor the MARCS system when there are NO band plans listed for their sites in my region. I am confused by this whole problem.

MARCS uses the standard 700/800 MHz band plans and they're broadcast over the control channel, so the scanner does not require custom band plans. The WV system is UHF which does require a custom band plan.

Last edited:

Johnstino

It’s been three months and I’m still unable to get a band plan sent on the WVIRN Ohio County Simulcast site. Is this something they are doing intentionally?

Johnstino

Thanks Mule1075. I tried the file and I’m not getting anything. I guess I am doing something wrong. Pretty computer illiterate. Lol

Johnstino

I am now hearing OC and Marshall County sporadically. I don’t think I am getting all of the voice channels because I hear traffic for a while then it goes quiet. I think they have more radio traffic than what I am hearing

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am now hearing OC and Marshall County sporadically. I don’t think I am getting all of the voice channels because I hear traffic for a while then it goes quiet. I think they have more radio traffic than what I am hearing
Check and see if you have all the service types enabled you want to listen to also. Also it has not been all that busy this morning while I have been listening.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I couldn’t find that screen in my sentinel
Right click on you're favorites list and then click program favorites list scroll to wvirp or if you have it named different click on it and scroll down to Ohio County Simulcast click on it and then band plan add what is posted above click the red x when it prompts you to save changes click yes and then write to the scanner.

Johnstino

Ok. Thank you. I found that screen and entered those values. Hearing Marshal County now. Hearing OC also. We’ll listen and see. I’m going to get an external antenna that may help the cause. I have always been able to hear OC Similcast even with stock HP antenna even when it was OC stand alone system. Maybe after rebanding something changed. I have a Tram multiband mag mount outside the window now. If I entered the band plan correctly will it show up in the HP site band plan for OC or will that still be blank since they aren’t sending it out??

mule1075

Feed Provider
Ok. Thank you. I found that screen and entered those values. Hearing Marshal County now. Hearing OC also. We’ll listen and see. I’m going to get an external antenna that may help the cause. I have always been able to hear OC Similcast even with stock HP antenna even when it was OC stand alone system. Maybe after rebanding something changed. I have a Tram multiband mag mount outside the window now. If I entered the band plan correctly will it show up in the HP site band plan for OC or will that still be blank since they aren’t sending it out??
Since you added it to the favorites list it will always be there unless you change it. You should be good to go now.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
The current fast lane releases since 2.155 have had the bandplan fix.

Code:
DSD+ 2.155

Fixed D-Star header decoding bug

TIII DFA (direct frequency access) support added

NEXEDGE DFA support added

Resolved signal polarity issue

Some DSDPlus.P25data file issues resolved

By request, if a monitored P25 control channel is not broadcasting bandplan data,
    DSD+ will retrieve bandplan data from the DSDPlus.P25data file.
    Bandplan data is recorded in DSDPlus.P25data as system sites are monitored.
    The DSDPlus.P25data file can also be manually edited to add bandplan data.

Status
Not open for further replies.