• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

baofeng gt-3tp mkIII charge cradle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecovieo

Feed Provider
hi, just getting started in amateur radio. got 2 gt-3tps for christmas. battery has 3 terminal connections on back, but cradle only has 2.... when i put battery in cradle it changes to solid reddish/orange. is it an issue not having the third connector on cradle?? both cradles are the same. battery termis are + T - with both cradle termis + -. i hoe someone can help. lol. thanks in advance.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
RTFM.

Solid red simply means charging. The LED will switch to green when the battery is fully charged.

The extra contact is for battery diagnostics not done by the charger.

You're fine.

stevecovieo

Feed Provider
thank you for the quick response. side note, any idea on how long it should stay on charger? battery was quite full from the factory. its been on the charger for well over 4 hrs now and doesnt seem to be any increase in the batt indicator.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Several hours. The indicators on the radios are not very precise.

cmdrwill

battery was quite full from the factory. its been on the charger for well over 4 hrs now and doesnt seem to be any increase in the batt indicator.

Batteries are not "quite full from the factory", contrary, they are just barely charged, so the first charge will take some time depending on the charger type. Some chargers are 'slow' and some are 'fast'.

I have seen chargers that only show RED even when the battery is 'Full'.

Are you using the correct wall wort transformer for your charger? CHECK the voltage....... most bfg chargers go bad from incorrect voltage.

The T contact on the battery was for the thermistor in older NiCad and NIMi batteries. Some batteries also have a fourth contact that 'tells' the charger the type and capacity of the battery. They are not used on lithium batteries.

stevecovieo

Feed Provider
again thanks for responses...yes im using the correct wall plug. its the one that came in the box. 110-115v wall plug, then plugged into cradle. light is green when radio is out of cradle and solid red when inserted. my main question is how long does a charge take?? is the battey indicator on the unit that inaccurate?? just wanna know in case i need to request new cradles. both cradles are doing the same thing, so i am hoping they just take a long time to fully charge.

N8XOG

There is nothing wrong with your chargers. I've never timed it but a full charge can take about 8 to 10 hours. The charger will show green when it has stopped charging. It's safe to leave the battery in the charger indefinitely. The battery meter on the radio will show full until the battery is quite low. The radio will say "battery low" or something like that when the battery is about to die.

stevecovieo

Feed Provider
ok, good to know. i appreciate the feedback. gonna be joining the local amatuer radio club at their next meeting i think. lookin forward to really gettin into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.