• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Batteries Batteries Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I was sitting here after I woke up thinking that I should head out and pick up some more batteries. As it turns out I have 28 NiMH in my little battery box but something is still telling me I need more. Is there a Batteries Anonymous out there that can help me? How many rechargeable batteries do you have in you battery box?

b52hbuff

Dubbin said:
How many rechargeable batteries do you have in you battery box?

12 = Energizer 2300 mAh
16 = Energizer 2500 mAh

I use the 2300s around town. I'm hoping to 'burn them out'. :) I save the 2500's for vacations and airshows when I want a little extra run time. I'm thinking the 2300's are on their last leg. They don't have the runtime they used to...

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
b52hbuff said:
I'm thinking the 2300's are on their last leg. They don't have the runtime they used to...
You better run out and replace them right away. I know I would :)

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's hard to have too many radios or batteries.....although I suppose it's possible :)

batteriesamerica.com is a great source for OEM style portable battery packs.

For small separate batteries, I am by far seeing the best deals on Ebay. There are tons of folks there selling batteries at unbelievable deal prices.

For boo-coo extended run time, I power my ham HT's off of 7ah 12v sealed cell lead acid batteries. They are commonly used in alarm systems and emergency lighting fixtures. I am too lucky to have a friend in the security business as a tech and he gives me about 30 of these batteries used-good condition a year. I keep a few and spread the rest around to local ham A.R.E.S. groups for emergency use. They will power an HT for several days. All you need is any radio that will accept 12 volts and the accessory DC power cord.

N

N_Jay

Batteries get cheaper and better all the time,
Batteries also age when unused;.
Buy what you need and buy more when you need them.

Stocking up is not smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.