Battery charger help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillVette

I’m in the process of researching a charger for batteries for my HP-1. I’m between the La Crosse Technology BC1000 Alpha Power Battery Charger or the Maha Powerex MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer if anyone has experience with either or both please help me, I have no knowledge of battery chargers other than auto related chargers. Thanks in advance for you help. Bill

nanZor

I have the Maha 9000 and there are also a lot of fans for the LaCrosse. Either one will do a great job of charging.

What they are really good at are for those of us who are battery-geeks, and like to test real battery capacity, and do things like mate those cells that are very close to each other spec-wise to create a "pack" where we try to keep the cells dedicated to one device. They can also bring bad cells back to life, but for many this is just a lab experiment, as bad cells rejuvinated might be fun, but just starting out with good cells, and keeping them that way with good charging techniques may be more practical. The advanced features of the higher-end Maha and LaCross chargers will tell you this not only from outright failure, but from statistical analysis over the long run.

While the Maha 9000 has a simple "just drop it in" and charge mode, you may be wasting your money on testing features that you aren't going to use, or be time-consuming to operate. If that is the case, then something like the simpler Maha MH-C800S might suffice.

Last edited by a moderator:

BillVette

Thank you very much for your input. I'm not a battery expert and most likely won't use all the features in the more expensive chargers. Again thanks for the help. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.