Battery Life TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

com_chaser

Wondering how long your batteries last in the TRX-1?

What kind of batteries are you using? Current capacity?

Thank You,

-Lance

Ed6698

I would say with a good set of Eneloop Pro rechargeable batteries and a good external charger, probably would get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours possibly more or less, depending how active the scanner is, and/or if using the.LCD light and the LED light.

RPETER

For now I use alkaline batteries on my TRX-1 as I have a large supply and haven't got around to trying the rechargeable battery options. I set the settings to have the backlights for both the keyboard and display screen to be on all the time as I like the look but it seems to drain the batteries in just a few hours.

To save battery life I usually run the scanner off my laptop when on my desk and reserve the battery options for when the power goes out.

troymail

Silent Key
Battery life is going to be affected by many, many variables to include not only what type of batteries you use but also display and keypad back lighting (full time, part time, etc.), how much activity you are receiving, if it's analog or digital (I don't know this for sure but I suspect decoding digital takes more power), volume, and probably more drain for recording.

I had my TRX-1 running yesterday on a set of newer Eneloops and I was receiving almost no activity (I was monitoring for something specific that wasn't being heard much). The radio was still going strong after 10-11 hours but of course it wasn't doing much and as a result the back lights were almost never on.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'm using 2 sets of PowerEX 2700. I change batteries once a day, usually in the afternoon. I'm typically running it 10-14 hours a day. I would say about 10-11 hours on one set of batteries. Scanning 260 conventional channels, 2 trunked systems, back light on low, no LED, all digital. I would say moderate traffic.

I have had 14 hours from fresh charge to the TRX-1 shutting down on it's own during my battery testing. I normally don't let it get that far under normal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.