• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bay Head PD "New Channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard county on PD North tell all Bay Head units (not sure if Mantoloking was mentioned as I came in mid-transmission) to switch to their "new channel" and that PD North will no longer be used. Not hearing anything on OCPS-F or on the 700 MHz system, but OCPS-F is really heard to receive from where I'm at. Any ideas where they went? FCC licenses show nothing for Bay Head and just the FD repeater for Mantoloking. Thanks.

Maybe they went to the Monmouth County Trunk System, they are right on the boarder. Plus, it seems that system has great coverage.

elias1988

Premium Subscriber
That's up to someone Monmouth to find out,doesn't make sense to me though they'd be better off waiting for their own county's system to be up and running.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I heard they're using Point Beach PD CH 2 (477.325). I am sure it's encrypted, but maybe we can see radio affiliation or if there's more activity than usual on that channel. They almost never use it.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Okay, here is what I found out. My source is a cop who works in one of the towns that county dispatches on PD South. He also used to work for Pt. Beach PD when he first started out in law enforcement. He seems to think Bay Head & Mantoloking are using Pt. Beach PD 2 or 3. He knows they have a private channel 3 that is either unlicensed or unlisted or both. Pt. Beach PD also has access to the 5 frequencies that Beach Patrol uses.

Someone who lives in that area needs to start using signal stalker to track this down.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Eli figured it out. They are using Point Beach Common, 477.825 P25 with a NAC of 293. So far they are unencrypted and the radio ID's make sense.
I believe Eli sent it to the database.

So does this mean that Bay Head and Mantoloking are being dispatched by Point Beach or still by the County but on the Point Beach frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.