Bay Head PD "New Channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

Just heard county on PD North tell all Bay Head units (not sure if Mantoloking was mentioned as I came in mid-transmission) to switch to their "new channel" and that PD North will no longer be used. Not hearing anything on OCPS-F or on the 700 MHz system, but OCPS-F is really heard to receive from where I'm at. Any ideas where they went? FCC licenses show nothing for Bay Head and just the FD repeater for Mantoloking. Thanks.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I haven't heard anything on OCPS-F,looking at my Unitrunker data Mantoloking has made the switch also.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Nope,some units are affiliating to Police North then they switch to this new channel. Last affiliation was at 10:52.

ocP25bandit

Maybe they went to the Monmouth County Trunk System, they are right on the boarder. Plus, it seems that system has great coverage.

elias1988

Feed Provider
That's up to someone Monmouth to find out,doesn't make sense to me though they'd be better off waiting for their own county's system to be up and running.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I am at work now, but did anyone check the FCC database for any new frequencies for either town?

elias1988

Feed Provider
Yes there's nothing new licensed. I'm giving that Mantoloking fire channel a try with nothing heard yet.

Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
There's no way they joined the Monmouth County 700 system with the new Ocean 700 a few months away from going online.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I heard they're using Point Beach PD CH 2 (477.325). I am sure it's encrypted, but maybe we can see radio affiliation or if there's more activity than usual on that channel. They almost never use it.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Okay, here is what I found out. My source is a cop who works in one of the towns that county dispatches on PD South. He also used to work for Pt. Beach PD when he first started out in law enforcement. He seems to think Bay Head & Mantoloking are using Pt. Beach PD 2 or 3. He knows they have a private channel 3 that is either unlicensed or unlisted or both. Pt. Beach PD also has access to the 5 frequencies that Beach Patrol uses.

Someone who lives in that area needs to start using signal stalker to track this down.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Eli figured it out. They are using Point Beach Common, 477.825 P25 with a NAC of 293. So far they are unencrypted and the radio ID's make sense.
I believe Eli sent it to the database.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
So does this mean that Bay Head and Mantoloking are being dispatched by Point Beach or still by the County but on the Point Beach frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.