Bay Minette, Daphne, Foley, Robertsdale System

Status
Not open for further replies.

M105

Quick question for anyone familiar with this system. Where did Daphne go? I know they scrambled most of the talkgroups on here but I was still seeing Daphne's TGID pop up frequently. Now it is very rare that I see it. There MUST be more traffic from Daphne PD than is showing up in my logs. Did they move to P25 or install a different system?

sadave

My monitoring experience with Daphne PD, I believe, is similar to yours. Though encrypted, I continue to see Daphne's TGID pop on mine. I have location-restricted my monitoring on this system (meaning I am technically close enough to catch traffic on the Foley, Magnolia Springs, Summerdale, and Robertsdale sites) but do occasionally see Daphne on Magnolia Springs.

Relevant to discussion on this system, this past week I heard traffic on previously unidentified TGID 287, "Truck 4 out at Station 2." I think this is a fireground channel for Daphne FD but cannot recall if Fairhope and/or Bay Minette also have a Truck 4. I'll keep listening and update when I have it pinned down.

Related to Daphne PD, I have also picked up lots of encrypted traffic on AFRN TGID 22581 exclusively on the Magnolia Springs site and wonder if it might be Daphne or Fairhope. It seems to come in bursts of activity (like a single unit affiliating with a remote site) rather than consistent, routine traffic heard from the closest site.

Status
Not open for further replies.