BC 15X scanning speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneg

So I took notice with the SAME amount of freqs in the scanner as my pro 94, the 94 scans the channels first and faster then the BCT 15x. Why is that? Is there a way to speed up scanning?

captclint

Mentor
So I took notice with the SAME amount of freqs in the scanner as my pro 94, the 94 scans the channels first and faster then the BCT 15x. Why is that? Is there a way to speed up scanning?
Sorting all the frequencies in each group for either ascending or descending order will cut the time in half with 500 channels...less with less. http://forums.radioreference.com/754386-post1.html That would also help the Pro94. Also, setting hold time for each system to 0.

Last edited:

daneg

Sorting all the frequencies in each group for either ascending or descending order will cut the time in half with 500 channels...less with less. http://forums.radioreference.com/754386-post1.html That would also help the Pro94. Also, setting hold time for each system to 0.

I'll have to try that. Right now it's a conventional system, with three groups. I think total is less then 100 freqs.

I only have one system turned on as well.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
More than likely you have a system hold time of 2 seconds (so it spends 2 seconds scanning and rescanning each channel in each system before moving on to the next system).

If you want to test how long it actually takes to scan the channels, put the local weather channel into the system. With it stopped on a weather broadcast, press SCAN and time how long it takes to return to the weather broadcast (assuming no other channel is active, this will do a single scan of all channels in that system, from which you could derive the scan speed).

daneg

More than likely you have a system hold time of 2 seconds (so it spends 2 seconds scanning and rescanning each channel in each system before moving on to the next system).

If you want to test how long it actually takes to scan the channels, put the local weather channel into the system. With it stopped on a weather broadcast, press SCAN and time how long it takes to return to the weather broadcast (assuming no other channel is active, this will do a single scan of all channels in that system, from which you could derive the scan speed).

Thanks I will do that!

mainetrunk

I got the gmrs search at 0, A bank with little activity, and the search store bank with alot of who is its? All set at 0 hold time and wx enterred. It took 2.75 seconds to go the -loop-... A little longer if 1 of those search channels has a taker - ( someone talks )..

Status
Not open for further replies.