BC-RH96 Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonian149

I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not, but the remote head does work fine using 2 25' stereo extension cords. I wanted to run it in different rooms of the house along with a radio shack 900mhz intercom. Now if someone can come up with a way to make the remote head cordless, then we would have something.--Gary

zonian149 said:
I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not, but the remote head does work fine using 2 25' stereo extension cords. I wanted to run it in different rooms of the house along with a radio shack 900mhz intercom. Now if someone can come up with a way to make the remote head cordless, then we would have something.--Gary

Yes. As mentioned in one of my previous posts, these 25' extensions sell for $1 each at the dollar store. They work great.

Dewey

I don't have a remote head yet, but am seriously considering one now that Uniden has dropped the price. Just curious though... why go the expensive route trying to make the RS-232 port wireless when one can look at the wireless headphone route making things much cheaper? Again, my question is based on information that I have gathered here to include using the extension 1/8" phone plug extender cables.

Dewey

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
Dewey said:
I don't have a remote head yet, but am seriously considering one now that Uniden has dropped the price. Just curious though... why go the expensive route trying to make the RS-232 port wireless when one can look at the wireless headphone route making things much cheaper? Again, my question is based on information that I have gathered here to include using the extension 1/8" phone plug extender cables.

Dewey

Wireless headphones would be great for audio, but not for the remote head data. It uses and 1/8" connection for the data cable on the RH which you cant send via wireless headphones.

Zonian, Another idea you may try is trying to send it through CAT-5 with a db-9 to RJ-45 adapter. Then you could just simply have a wall jack for your RH.

Last edited:

Dewey

scanbc780 said:
Wireless headphones would be great for audio, but not for the remote head data. It uses and 1/8" connection for the data cable on the RH which you cant send via wireless headphones.

Zonian, Another idea you may try is trying to send it through CAT-5 with a db-9 to RJ-45 adapter. Then you could just simply have a wall jack for your RH.

This is the idea that I was mentioning...

http://www.amazon.com/Airlink-Ipod-Wireless-Transmitter-receiver/dp/B000ANOZ4O

looks like it should work.

Dewey

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
Dewey said:
This is the idea that I was mentioning...

http://www.amazon.com/Airlink-Ipod-Wireless-Transmitter-receiver/dp/B000ANOZ4O

looks like it should work.

Dewey

That is going to transmit the sound, but the question at hand is, making the remote head cordless also. The RS232 has absolutely nothing to do with the audio, just the connection of the remote head. He already has a wireless audio setup for the audio, there was some curiosity of running the remote head wirelessly also, 2 separate connections.

Dewey

scanbc780 said:
That is going to transmit the sound, but the question at hand is, making the remote head cordless also. The RS232 has absolutely nothing to do with the audio, just the connection of the remote head. He already has a wireless audio setup for the audio, there was some curiosity of running the remote head wirelessly also, 2 separate connections.

Ok I was wrong then. I know and understand the audio. The part that I had the wrong impression of was that I thought the RS232 cable had a 1/8" stereo plug at the remote head end.

Dewey

scanbc780

Usually Lurking
Dewey said:
Ok I was wrong then. I know and understand the audio. The part that I had the wrong impression of was that I thought the RS232 cable had a 1/8" stereo plug at the remote head end.

Dewey

That it does have (1/8" stereo plug), for the data to run the remote head.

Status
Not open for further replies.