• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bc rh96 won't connect to bc346xtc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a bc346xtc and the remote head unit rc rh96 from scan master and the scanner won't connect to the remote head unit. It says scanner unconnected. I changed the baud rate ( tried every setting) and disabled the c chan but still nothing. Scan master says they are compatible right in bold print on the web site. I have a friend that also has the remote head unit but a different scanner model and my scanner won't connect to his either using his cords but his scanner connects to my rh96 no problem. I was on hold for 55 minutes with unbidden support but had to hang up before anybody picked up because I couldn't sit around any longer . Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!!

It came with 2.00.01. I haven't found any other firmware updates. I tried again today to contact Uniden but again had to hang up after 50 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a human. I then tried to get a hold of Scannermaster but was on hold for more than 20 minutes. When you call scannermaster's support number and choose the Uniden option it is just a recording telling me to call Uniden direct. Pretty upset with both companies lack of customer service. I emailed Scannermaster but still no response back from them.

N9JIG

Sheriff
KC9HYR is correct, there is a firmware update for RH96's to work with the 4 XT series scanners.

In addition make sure your serial port is firmly connected, this tiny little sockets are pretty flimsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.