BC125AT Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwnut13

I have a BC95XLT and one of my least favorite things is that the scanner doesn't resume scanning after a Close Call hit.

The BC95XLT manual says to "Press Scan to resume scanning."

The BC75XLT manual says to :press Scan to resume scanning"

The BC125AT manual says "When the transmission ends, the scanner resumes searching
according to the delay setting."

So my question is, will the BC125AT resume scanning after it has found a signal? It doesn't say anything about pressing scan to resume, but "searching" has me a little confused.

dmg1969

I think that statement applies to when you are in Close Call Only mode. I say that because it says "resumes searching", not "resumes scanning". Plus, that statement is under the bolder header of Close Call Only Mode in the manual (pages 58-59). HTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vwnut13

I think that statement applies to when you are in Close Call Only mode. I say that because it says "resumes searching", not "resumes scanning". Plus, that statement is under the bolder header of Close Call Only Mode in the manual (pages 58-59). HTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, I didn't notice that it was under Close Call Only. That was the only mention that I could find of what happens after a close call hit.

My sister's boyfriend has a Radio Shack Pro-84 and it resumes scanning 10 seconds after a close call hit cuts out. Absolutely love that feature because you can leave signal stalker on and not have to worry about missing transmissions because you didn't hit the scan button.

I did find this post from UPMan. Seems to be saying that it will resume scanning after a close call hit.

In Close Call Priority mode the scanner will perform a Close Call check every 2 seconds, even if you are monitoring an active communications on a channel. This results in a "break" in the audio of 50 mS or more. Most people find that break to be annoying/disruptive.

So, we implemented Close Call Do Not Disturb. In this mode, the scanner will not perform a Close Call check if it is already receiving comms on a channel. Once the comms drop, the Close Call check is performed. This operation trades off a little less likelihood of getting a Close Call "hit" vs. not having audio "break up" during reception.

In Close Call Only mode, the scanner won't be scanning any of your programmed channels. It just continuously checks each enabled band for a Close Call hit.

In any event, if you get a Close Call hit, regular scanning won't interrupt it. Once the hit drops, normal scanning resumes.

We've also implemented "DND" for priority scanning in the BC125AT (for the same reason and with the same tradeoffs).

Status
Not open for further replies.