BC125AT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
My scanner is brand new, and I'm a newby to scanning. I listen to civil aviation channels mostly. I've programmed many frequencies, and I think I have the basics of operating the scanner down. That said, I've noticed a problem with every transmission I receive. The signal cuts out for a tenth of a second or so, about every second. It happens when scanning, or when I'm holding a single frequency, monitoring major airports or small airstrips. I've ruled out the pilot error of inadvertently releasing their PTT button, as it happens on every transmission. This happens when transmissions are heavy or not. I tried changing the delay time, but that had no effect. I'm trying to figure out if there's a setting I need to adjust, if there's a problem with the scanner, or if this is just normal scanner operation.

Hans13

I use the same model scanner everyday and haven't experienced that. Since you have tried the delay settings, I'm leaning towards the notion that you might have a defective scanner. Are you able to exchange it since it's new?

I am no expert on scanners, I just know enough to use this one. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along and give an opinion.

Dog

Turn off priority mode and/or close call. There is a setting for them to not interupt calls but I forget which one it is. It will be in the manual.

alex5774

Close call priority and weather alert priority both interrupt the transmission to check for close call hits and the 1050 hz alert tone, respectively. Turn these features off and see if that solves your problem.

Selecting Close Call Modes

1. In Scan or Search mode press Func then Hold to enter the
Close Call Menu.

2. Scroll to Close Call Mode and press Pgm/E.

3. Turn Scroll Control and select from the following
modes:

• Close Call Off - turns off Close Call.
• Close Call DND - only checks for Close Call hits between
transmissions avoiding breaks in current transmissions
• Close Call Pri (Priority) - checks for Close Call hits every 2
seconds, even during transmissions.
• Close Call Only - performs continuous Close Call checks
until you exit by pressing Scan or Srch/Svc.
&#8226; < Back - returns to previous menu.

4. Press Pgm/E to select and return to the Close Call menu.
If Close Call DND or Close Call Pri is selected, the Close Call icon
will display in Scan and Search modes.

Weather Alert Priority

Enabling this setting assigns priority to weather alert scanning
no matter what else the radio might be doing. Checking the
weather channel every 5 seconds for a 1050Hz tone assures you
of the latest occurrence of a NOAA warning. (Default = Off)

1. To turn Weather Alert Priority on or off, press Func then
3(WX) to view the Weather menu.

2. Scroll to Alert Priority and press Pgm/E.

3. Scroll to select WX Priority On or Off and press Pgm/E to
save and return to the Weather menu.

4. Press Scan or Srch/Svc to exit.

While Weather Alert Priority is active, WX appears in the display.
If no carrier is on any Weather channel, the scanner displays No
WX Reception WX Priority Off and turns Weather Alert Priority
off.

Last edited:

KeithBogut

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all. It was the close call setting. I changed it to "Close Call DND" and that solved the problem!

Hans13

I should have known that. I now I remember reading about it when I first got the scanner. That has all been turned off ever since so it hadn't occurred to me. Sorry about that.

Glad you got it going. :)

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I just received my new Uniden BC125AT. Do I need to install the 2012 Firmware Update or is it already installed on scanners ordered in 2017? There is no information on how to verify what firmware is installed. I checked internet, Uniden, Scanner Master, Radio Reference, etc., but no information on this subject.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
When I turn it on, it shows Version 1.04.02. I don't even see this version listed on Uniden's website. The latest version listed on Uniden's website is 1.03.01 from September 5, 2012.

alex5774

I just received my new Uniden BC125AT. Do I need to install the 2012 Firmware Update or is it already installed on scanners ordered in 2017? There is no information on how to verify what firmware is installed. I checked internet, Uniden, Scanner Master, Radio Reference, etc., but no information on this subject.

When you power on the scanner it should display the firmware version. The latest is 1.04.02

alex5774

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.