BC125AT Won't Communicate with FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevDog

Hey all! Been a while since I was last around, but I got a question for you.

My grandfather bought himself a BC125AT recently, and I offered to program it for him (he only ever used the service search on his older RS handheld). I downloaded and installed the USB driver successfully, but it doesn't seem to want to communicate with freescan; I get the error messages "FreeSCAN cannot establish communication with the scanner" and "FreeSCAN could not communicate with the scanner, or the scanner is not recognized as being compatible. Response received: BC125AT"

Do I need to install the 2012 firmware update, or is this scanner truly not compatible with FreeSCAN?

Thanks!

Blackink

I copied this from the FreeScan Web site-
FreeSCAN, the award-winning Freeware program for programming the Uniden SC230, BC246T, UBC3500XLT, BR330T, BCD396T, BC346XT, BCD396XT, BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCT15 and BCD996T public safety scanners. FreeSCAN allows to download and uploading programming, remote control the scanner, log hits, and supports printing out of systems and groups. It will run on Windows 2000, XP, Vista & Windows 7.

Looks like the BC125AT isn't supported.

According to the Wiki for that scanner: BC125AT - The RadioReference Wiki, ARC125 is supported.

TrevDog

Ah, shoot. I knew I should've looked at the website before I posted. Thanks for that!

Are there any other good programs that might work with that model?

Blackink

Other than the ARC125 posted above, I can't tell you as I'm not familiar with the BC125AT other than what I read in the Wiki.
Others being more familiar with your model may reply with ideas...
Good Luck

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

Programming software for the BC125AT is available free from Uniden. I can't recall if it comes on CD with the radio, but the latest version can be downloaded via the Uniden website.

Blackink

Does anyone know if this link found under the title Supporting Software in the wiki for the BC125AT Scanner:Uniden BC125AT_SS , is the one for the free software provided by Uniden?

If so, the link doesn't work. This is what I get when I load it:The requested URL /twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/BC125AT/BC125AT_SS.zip was not found on this server.

I wouldn't mind going in and changing/fixing what is posted in the wiki but I'm not sure if that link is suppose to take you to the free PC Programming software page.

The link that UPMan posted above works but if that link that I posted is supposed to be the one for that free software, it doesn't work.
Does anyone know for sure?

captclint

Mentor
The link that UPMan posted above works but if that link that I posted is supposed to be the one for that free software, it doesn't work. Does anyone know for sure?
That is the correct link. If you can't trust UPman, who can you trust :) The other was tied to a specific version, which has changed. You can edit the link in the WIKI

Last edited:

Blackink

I wasn't questioning UPMan's link, in fact, the link he provided should be included in the Wiki for the BC125AT under "Supporting Software".

Thanks for your input though...

hfmj1965

Feed Provider
I have the software for the 125. I installed and have been programming mine the past few days. Id be glad to send them to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.