BC15X Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
I just got a BC15X off ebay. When I power up the unit no text will display on the screen. Just the backlight is on. Also some times it will show text but with black lines on the screen.

Any idea why this scanner is doing that?

Thanks

cjrjr507

Possible bad display chip ?

I just got a BC15X off ebay. When I power up the unit no text will display on the screen. Just the backlight is on. Also some times it will show text but with black lines on the screen.

Any idea why this scanner is doing that?

Thanks

Have you tried initializing the scanner's memory ? while pressing keys 2, 9, and hold at the same time, then turn on power. If it still does it then sounds like it might have a bad display chip or something. Thats why they sold it on ebay to get rid of it. Don't feel bad it's happened to me. Heh heh. Send it back to uniden to get fixed or if there is an ebay warranty go that route. Good luck.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
You should have buyer protection from Ebay if paid via Pay Pal. If this was not mentioned by the seller then follow through with Ebay. Best of luck.

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys, Turns out the guy buys them from Canada and get them puts them in a box and sell them on ebay. He never looks at the unit. I am shipping it back and he is sending me a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.