BC245XLT - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjmag94

Hi everyone, I purchased a BC245XLT from America on eBay, I am from Australia, because I needed a scanner that does the full 800 band, I have since opened it up, and programmed it, and is blocking out "cellular bad"

Now what I want to know is, can I get around this some how, as the system I use has 869.2375 in it and that is the freq being locked out, so I am getting only part of some conversations..

What I don't understand is it says coverage 806-956 MHz "800" BAND but it doesn't do the whole lot of that so therefore it is not a full 800 band scanner..
It has me confused, is there a firmware update or something to be able to get it to receive those freqs...

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You are screwed. You cannot mod the scanner to unblock those frequencies.

Your only option is to get a different scanner configured for your country,

bjmag94

You are screwed. You cannot mod the scanner to unblock those frequencies.

Your only option is to get a different scanner configured for your country,

Yeah I figured that out after I posted this, thank you, I will get an AU version of the BC245XLT (UBC) if I can find one haha...
It will do for now, will just have to listen in and miss parts of some conversations, which will be annoying, but oh well, I should have looked more into it before purchasing it, but all in all it is a good radio.
Thank you for your response

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're welcome.

Sorry to bring bad news, but there's no way to sugarcoat it.

bjmag94

You're welcome.

Sorry to bring bad news, but there's no way to sugarcoat it.

Not a problem, would rather the truth straight up instead of being told you can do this and that and I'm chasing up something that's not even going to work..
But I will get an Aus version of the scanner, and that should work, my father in laws does lol..

Might sell it back on eBay to buy an Aus one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.