BC245XLT software

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaspdx

Premium Subscriber
Any software for the good ol BC245XLT and windows 8 all the programs I have tried cant detact my scanner i get the usb pl2303 yellow ! in device manger and have seen windows 8 doesn't support it. So now what

SCPD

QRT
It is called programming by hand. That is a pretty simple scanner before the need for software really became mandatory.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That ' yellow' has nothing to do with the software. The fault lies in the driver for the cable. Win 8.x makes it a royal pain in the arse to get this right. We have many threads, plus links for USB cables known to be compatible, along with some tips on this very subject in our wiki. See Section 5.3 of...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

And as far as the software goes, the best out there that you're likely to find would be Scan Control. Sadly the copy/paste utility that used to work with RR doesn't anymore due to database changes. I have read in the scanner software programming forum of at least 1 person that did make it work under Win 8.x. The other programs would be, at best, iffy even if you could find them (the only exception would be ID Tracker, but that's not really programming software)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.