BC246T Clear All Lockouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_k

Greetings,

From time to time a birdie or high noise will lock the scanner on a frequency I don't want. I'll lock out the channel for the time being to get rid of it since it may be one frequency out of many conventional/talkgroups in the group I'm monitoring.

However, the only way to unlock it I've found is:

A) Go into system config, go to the system, find the frequency/channel and set the lockout to Unlocked
B) Re-write config from computer.

Depending on what I locked out in the moment, I may or may not remember which system and name it goes by to unlock it later. Is there a method to just clear ALL lockouts in the entire system so I can monitor them? Digging through the menu to check for lockouts on every frequency programmed in would take hours. Locking things out are necessary especially if you get unwanted (at the time) traffic in a programmed key.

As it stands my fix for now has been to just re-write the scanner config every few days. I'd like a way to fix this in the field though.

Last edited:

WB2UZR

To unlock all channels in a conventional system, Press Hold to hold on any channel in the system.
Press and hold L/O until 'All Unlocked' appears.
Press Scan to resume scanning. This may also turn all your groups back on.
To review and/or unlock locked out IDs, see Reviewing Locked out IDs.
To unlock all IDs, see Clear All IDs.

Is this what you want to do? This is from http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/246/246.html

Scott/WB2UZR

jon_k

This will work dandy. Thank you.

I never had trouble reading the normal manual so never looked at that "Easy Manual". I thought I read the normal manual pretty well. Guess not!

I'll have to apply this to each indvidual system group, but that's OK. Sure beats reloading the config from the PC.

Again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.