BC246T Dont always decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

osros

Feed Provider
(Sorry if this was asked already I did search did not see anything)

I noticed ever since I got my BC246T that it did not always decode a programmed channel
with a PL code. I have two scanners side by side, my BC785D hits and the BC246T just keeps scanning.

I lived with it by turning off the the codes but I would like to know if anyone else has this
issue? Has this issue been fixed?

Thanks

Gilligan

Database Admin
Do you have the "Search" option enabled for "Tone" in the menu for that particular channel? It's right after "Frequency" and it must be selected to decode in scan mode. In search mode, it's an option in the Search Options (Tone Search or something).

osros

Feed Provider
Gilligan said:
Do you have the "Search" option enabled for "Tone" in the menu for that particular channel? It's right after "Frequency" and it must be selected to decode in scan mode. In search mode, it's an option in the Search Options (Tone Search or something).

I have the settings correct, I played with it some more and I found out that it does hit but after a good 2-3 seconds into the start of the transmission where my other scanners open up right away. Its something to do with the decode when I turn off the codes it opens up right away. I also did as you sugguested and placed the channel in search tone mode which works also and displays the code but that seems to be the same as codes off passing anything on the freq.

Any reason why there is a longer delay when tone is set on a freq? 2 -3 seconds you can miss alot in a short transmission.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I don't know why it would be hitting late, but mine is doing fine I believe. Try leaving it in hold mode and then see if it still takes a good 3 seconds to open up.

Gilligan

Database Admin
scanfan03 said:
Hmm, I don't know why it would be hitting late, but mine is doing fine I believe. Try leaving it in hold mode and then see if it still takes a good 3 seconds to open up.
Yea mine gets it in like half a second or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.