BC246T Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCU2PAPA

Just bought the Uniden BC246T and can't get it to work with computer despite downloading tools. I keep getting a message stating there is a communication error. I do not have a pin slot for the cord so I am using a USB adapter. I have changed my baud to all levels without luck, can anyon e help?

n2mdk

Have you set the proper COM port in the Software? The USB cable gets assigned a COM Port # by the computer.

MCU2PAPA

COM Port?

I will assume I haven't since I don't know what it is lol. Do you have a link to walkthrough I could use? Thanks.

n2mdk

I assume by tools toy mean your using BCTool or which software are you using
On the software it's in the same window as setting the baud rate.
To check on the computer open System Properties > Hardware > Windows Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)

Attachments

• Com Port.jpg
    Com Port.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 210

SCPD

QRT
arc246 is hands down the best software for this product. i have it. after using unidens software i just went out and bought the better version. my advice is to spend a little bit more and get the arc246 file. save you some frustration.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
arc246 is hands down the best software for this product. i have it. after using unidens software i just went out and bought the better version. my advice is to spend a little bit more and get the arc246 file. save you some frustration.

I think FreeScan is a really good software.

Neither program is going to be of much use until the OP finds out what his com port is. :eek:

The USB adaptor should have a driver included with it. Make sure you've installed the driver. Then check in Device Manager to see what com port got assigned to it. My USB adaptor usually ends up in Device Manager as Com 5.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.