BC246T On Sale @ Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statevillian

I saw them a while back at the great price for refurb. I did a little homework and decided it would be great for me...I already have a 396 but sometimes if I am out and near the lake listening to AM for the latest news and weather suits me fine. Great little scanner. It was kinda funny to watch people scurry around trying to get these things when they had been out a while already. Only thing I didn't like was that NASCAR symbol on it.

Statevillian

Yes, I digressed...and I send my regret

Dubbin said:
I thought this thread was about the 246?
I strayed slightly since we were talking about a good price.....and I did mention in one post about the March Madness price of the 246 direct from Uniden for $208.00. I owned a 246 when they first came out. Great scanner for the dollar but all my numbers wore off the display. A friend of mine bought it off of me and he still raves about it and uses it to this day.

andy404ns

Statevillian said:
I strayed slightly since we were talking about a good price.....and I did mention in one post about the March Madness price of the 246 direct from Uniden for $208.00. I owned a 246 when they first came out. Great scanner for the dollar but all my numbers wore off the display. A friend of mine bought it off of me and he still raves about it and uses it to this day.

Yeah I've had mine for years now and the numbers are long gone. Thankfully being the true scanner junkie I am, I was using all the keypad features without looking at it 3 months in. I suppose that says something about me...

CLTX11

andy404ns said:
Yeah I've had mine for years now and the numbers are long gone. Thankfully being the true scanner junkie I am, I was using all the keypad features without looking at it 3 months in. I suppose that says something about me...

Here is a thread about the replacement of the keypads.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95696&highlight=replacement

I don't remember what thread I saw it in but some think the keypad was "fixed" on newer models. The new ones did not tend to wear like the older models.

Last edited:

andy404ns

Status
Not open for further replies.