BC246T Trunk Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

eecame

Hi, folks. I have a quick question on how to program trunking systems in the BC246T.

I'm in Vancouver, WA and am looking at putting the CRESA trunk system into my scanner. I've heard some phrases like "you can't put multiple sites onto one system" and "you cant have morethan one trunking system on the scanner system." I'm a bit confused as to what exactly this means.

I know in regards to the BC246T what a system is, and the system is broken into groups and the group channels, etc. My question is about the trunking systems.

With the CRESA example. I can place this into a system on the scanner but can I put all the sites (1-6) into the same scanner system? And then, do I need to enter all the freqs listed, or just the controls?

Thanks for the help.

n2mdk

The Cresa system has 6 Sites each site has to be put into it's own system. The systems hold the trunked frequencies the groups in trunked systems hold the TGIDs. The 6 different sites can be stored in the same System Quick Key to turn them on and off. Each agency TGIDs can be stored into seperate Group Quick Key.All the TGID need to be stored into each system or you can simply run each system in ID search and not store any TGIDs.
This is where the software makes things much easier.

n2mdk

Yes each system will need all the TGIDs programmed into it unless as I said you simply run it using ID Search. Thing is depending upon where you use it you may only have to program in the closest site to you. Only programming it will tell.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the Uniden forum. eecame, please make note of Stickied posts when they apply to what to post where. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.