BC246T Update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mdk

Currently I have Firmware V2.05 in the scanner, I'ved tried numerous times to udgrade to 2.10 but I just can't get it to upload.
I'm using a USB to Serial adapter and the cable works fine for upload and download and computer control using every piece of software out there, it just won't upgrade the firmware.
Here is the error I get, it's not all that important to upgrade it now but might be in the future.

Attachments

• bc246t.jpg
    bc246t.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 648

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You could get that error if you selected the wrong COM port when prompted or if you had not placed the scanner in update mode prior to initiating the update.

You might also check to see if your USB converter has the latest drivers (early drivers imperfectly emulated COM ports...which resulted in inconsistent behavior depending on the demands of the application).

n2mdk

I have the latest drivers the COM port is correct, as I say every other computer related function works fine, it just won't update. No biggie really the radio functions fine and rebanding wont be a problem here really.
One other thing I did update my BR330T firmware with the computer and cable without a hitch.

n3uhh

Premium Subscriber
Exact same issue

I had the exact same problem updating my BC246T, when using the firmware file from the Uniden website. I was stuck, unable to do anything with my radio, so on a whim I downloaded the same firmware update, but this time from the Yahoo groups file section. It worked immediately, like a charm, with no other changes to my update procedure! Not sure if the Uniden file is corrupt, but it did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.