BC250D problem trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextman

Hey all seems like i`m going backwards with this scanner all i want to pick up is rcmp in my area(Victoria County) but im not sure how to add talk groups and tones and dont understand hex and decimal.Any help guys thanks.Chris i tried trunk but cant seem to add system id`s and proper tones.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey all seems like i`m going backwards with this scanner all i want to pick up is rcmp in my area(Victoria County) but im not sure how to add talk groups and tones and dont understand hex and decimal.Any help guys thanks.Chris i tried trunk but cant seem to add system id`s and proper tones.

The first thing you have to do is figure out which tower you can hear a control channel on. I havent been out to N.S. since 1982, when it was not cool to where a "Diary of a Madman " shirt with a burning cross on it.

I see four towers for your county, if you can create a Motorola 800 system go ahead and do so.
Then put in the control channels that you can hear.
Then you have to figure out which talkgroups are for your area. Ignore ones that have an E. Unless they have a habit of not using their encryption capabilities you will not be able to hear anything on these.

I see that there is a talkgroup for the RCMP Victoria.

The talkgroup # you need to enter in is 7600, its the second from the top in the DEC list:

Aliant Trunked Mobile Radio System (TMRS) Trunking System, Province-Wide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Hope this helps!

alextman

OK i got them on here now thank you but somtimes it seems like it takes the scanner to long to switch to other frequency do you have any more great ideas left in ya thx again

ve1sef

Check the delay setting on you frequencies. The 250 is the handheld version of the 785, I recall having to turn off the delay on the trunk frequenices. Doing that seem to speed up the scanning process.
How do you have your control channels programmed. Separate banks or in the one bank?

alextman

Ok got it not missing them know.Yes i have them in different banks is this ok ?Know every now and again it pops up cc not found and stays on a cc.But im a little scared to frig with it know that its working pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.