BC325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...using radioreference sub and freescan software, can the new 325 p2 be programmed via the freescan software? Also, is there anyway to update my personal scanner systems when radioreference udates the database without deleting systems and reprogramming them? Thank s nd any help appreciated.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It does. Be sure to get version 2.18-b6.

You can setup your RR home page "Edit My RR" to follow systems, agencies, etc. This will let you know when there is a change to the database for these systems (it will be green).

Click on it and note the changes and manually change the information in your FreeScan file then download it to your scanner. Below is a FreeScan User Guide:

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It does. Be sure to get version 2.18-b6.

You can setup your RR home page "Edit My RR" to follow systems, agencies, etc. This will let you know when there is a change to the database for these systems (it will be green).

Click on it and note the changes and manually change the information in your FreeScan file then download it to your scanner. Below is a FreeScan User Guide:

FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki
That's basically what I do. Check what updates were done to my watched systems, counties, and agencies, then manually update my 'master' FreeSCAN file. It has the systems that I can monitor from home, as well as the adjacent counties. Then, I selectively load systems based on which scanner, and where I'm going to be (i,e, loading systems normally out of range at home, if I am going to be spending part of the day someplace in the region where those systems are in range).

As far as updating the HP series scanners, I do basically the same thing. My watch list shows me which have changed, and I take a look to see if itis anything that affects my setup. The only time that I go back & re-append an entire system is for a new one, where there have been substantial updates, and it's easier to append again & edit text tags than to manually enter and edit multiple new frequencies or talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.